US Politics Thread

Here's a thought... stop watching Fox "News" for 6 months or so. Watch, instead, PBS. PBS Newshour is very factual - but probably has a bias towards the Left, albeit unintentional (Newshour aims for neutrality and factual reporting, but everyone employed by Newshour is likely Democratic and thus bias creeps in - for example, in what stories are covered).

The Right in the USA is seeking to end Democracy. This is clear to me as a centrist. And this viewpoint has been echoed by prominent voices far to the right of me.

You are oblivious to this - because you watch Fox "News" and other outlets to exclusion.

Wake up dude.

Those outlets are clearly anti-science; not by design per se - but because that's what their viewership wants to believe. Fox is the Demagogue Channel. Continue watching Fox if you're a sheeple in need of an echo chamber.
There is news reporting and ones own views namely opinions and many channels have shifted from reporting to opinion because their employers allow them to do so and their research shows that it can attract more viewers and hence advertisers when an ever increasing number of individuals are gaining their " news " from social media or the net.

When I was a teenager much of the news was reporting with little opinion from the hosts and the reporters.

if someone thinks your viewed is flawed that is their opinion but it doesn't necessarily mean they are anti science or base their view on evidence or a lack of it as the case may be to support that view.

I don't understand your second last sentence it seems you confuse science ( experimentation and observation thereof to collect knowledge of same ) with opinion and ones beliefs.

Some people are god fearing , some people are god loving and some have no god to make sense of the world they live in when they feel the need to but can all three be " right " or all three be " wrong "

You mean the Party is not a Trump cult like you told us it was? Shocking!!!
I’ve been right for six years and it may be finally changing. Maybe. In Georgia. Which went for Biden.

You’ve been wrong for six years. You have a lot of ground to make up, sweet pea.

Last edited:
Why is he utter scum?

Does he smell little girls hair? Get unnecessary close to women in photos. Make inappropriate comments about children? What exactly is it that warrants this 'scum' appellation.

Wait, perhaps he gives eulogies at the funerals of KKK members? Or perhaps he reminisces about the good old days jocking and jiving with avowed Racists. Oh wait... That's all Biden... Funny I've never seen a post of yours calling him scum.

SO whatever it is that Desantis is doing, certainly is worse than any of the above right?????
Why do you think he’s not scum?

Success and media coverage breeds support. I think De Santis will do whatever is required to gain and to remain in power.

I think that De Stanis is potentially worse than Trump because De Santis will act thoughtfully and with deliberation with every act he takes - whereas Trump acts with gut instinct.

Whereas Trump can escape from political death (pussy grabbing) - any misstep he makes is quickly forgotten. I'm not sure that De Santis has this ability at all. So in that sense, perhaps Trump is worse - but not at all uniquely bad.
But De santis is at least sane. He’s unlikely to pull the US out of NATO or suggesting firing missiles at cartels in Mexico from US soil or moving USA’s foreign policy to coincide with Putin’s.

Last edited:
Why is he utter scum?

Does he smell little girls hair? Get unnecessary close to women in photos. Make inappropriate comments about children? What exactly is it that warrants this 'scum' appellation.

Wait, perhaps he gives eulogies at the funerals of KKK members? Or perhaps he reminisces about the good old days jocking and jiving with avowed Racists. Oh wait... That's all Biden... Funny I've never seen a post of yours calling him scum.

SO whatever it is that Desantis is doing, certainly is worse than any of the above right?????

Good lord.

Are you wearing Nike Decades and sleeping under a purple blanket?

There is news reporting and ones own views namely opinions and many channels have shifted from reporting to opinion because their employers allow them to do so and their research shows that it can attract more viewers and hence advertisers when an ever increasing number of individuals are gaining their " news " from social media or the net.

When I was a teenager much of the news was reporting with little opinion from the hosts and the reporters.

if someone thinks your viewed is flawed that is their opinion but it doesn't necessarily mean they are anti science or base their view on evidence or a lack of it as the case may be to support that view.

I don't understand your second last sentence it seems you confuse science ( experimentation and observation thereof to collect knowledge of same ) with opinion and ones beliefs.

Some people are god fearing , some people are god loving and some have no god to make sense of the world they live in when they feel the need to but can all three be " right " or all three be " wrong "
News should simply be reporting of facts without bias. Let the viewer decide.

As you recognize, "news" on the Right is no longer news - instead it's opinion in the guise of news; feeding viewership opinions in alignment with their biases.

As for your confusion about my 2nd to last sentence - namely, that "Fox is the Demagogue Channel" - beats me why you feel this way. You've already admitted that Fox is in the business of making money, voicing opinions that align with their viewership. Fox is quintessentially demagogic.

Too, you seem all to willing to drag God into the picture. What on earth does God have to do with news?

Finally, it puzzles me why you think that Fox isn't anti-science. On issue after issue, science and fact don't matter to Fox - rather it's what their viewership wants to hear that drives the narrative. Climate change, COVID, vaccine efficacy and safety, wearing of masks, and on and on and on - facts be damned - let's bring on opinion in the guise of news to attract and maintain viewership.

Fox is a feel-good channel for the far Right - it's not news. And it's often far from factual.

Take for example, Tucker Carlson's misguided attempt to defend Putin. In one of his broadcasts, he's there defending the invasion of Ukraine because - get this! - America very well might have numerous biological weapon laboratories secreted throughout Ukraine! This was such an ingenious conspiracy theory that Russian state media picked up on the story and quickly broadcast Tucker in defense of their indefensible invasion. And for whatever reason you seem all too willing to defend Fox.

I put it to you once more - Fox is the Demagogue channel - and has virtually nothing at all to do with common sense, logic, fact, science or responsible journalism.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.