US Politics Thread

There are 48 democrat senators and 2 of them are DINOs. The only reason there is not a republican majority is the 2 independents siding with democrats.

You didn’t deliver a majority, the democrats do not control the senate, and that’s why everything keeps getting blocked.
That’s fine if you want to go with that angle. It’ll always be that way if you’re a true centrist. It’s all planned that way anyway. It’s clearly a do nothing system and the right was smart by stacking the courts. It’s a capitalism game in the end anyway and pretending otherwise is futile. Biden, Trump, desantis and/or whoever the Dems run again won’t change anything. Business as usual.

That’s fine if you want to go with that angle. It’ll always be that way if you’re a true centrist. It’s all planned that way anyway. It’s clearly a do nothing system and the right was smart by stacking the courts. It’s a capitalism game in the end anyway and pretending otherwise is futile. Biden, Trump, desantis and/or whoever the Dems run again won’t change anything. Business as usual.

I think there are still some posters held captive by senate politics, not understanding the neolibralist leanings of centre right to far right.

There's no incentive to change or cap capitalism because the US has become so entrenched in its own belief that it's 'the most free country in the world' despite the damage that image is doing to its own promise and destiny.

Whilst the Amazon workers strike helped inspire our strikes here, indirectly, our galvanisation of sectors marching into our strikes will inspire US workers to do the same thing.

People have had enough of being told there's no help to be had when, clearly, that's patently untrue despite being gaslit about it.

Yep, I fear you may be right.

If Pence stabs Trump in the back, then possibly him and the Florida gimp on the same ticket?

Whichever order the religious fucktards ordain?

@tolmie's hairdoo hey mate not an American, and not overly religious, and I have no care for Pence.

However, painting a generalized stroke for all religious folks as fucktards is not ok.

Having started as a leftist in my
Younger years I find myself drifting more centre Right.

Gone are the days where both sides could meet in the middle and there is no Centre anymore. Which leaves a huge block of voters high and dry and you have to
Make these days a call for the nut jobs on the left or the nutters on the right.

De Sanctis I feel is that man for the centre, a man who stands for no nonsense bullshit and speaks common sense is the man if I was an American would vote for.

The man literally called the bullshit around Lea Thomas the Trans swimmer and when the female swimmers felt no one was backing them and were scared to speak up. So glad FINA finally came to its senses and won’t allow trans to compete with females.

You cannot change biology of 20+ years and testosterone with couple years of hormone blockers.

And finally De Sanctis Florida bill of No primary school and kindergarten teachers allowed to talk about sex and Straight Gay or Trans up to the age of 7 if I recall is bloody common sense.

I as a parent of two don’t want my kids in kindergarten being talked and influenced about sex. They are too young to comprehend and understand and process that stuff.

It’s with topics like this I hope he brings the country together. This for me is a man that speaks common sense. And doesn’t acknowledge the bullshit that is going on in that country.

So in summary for me he ain’t a GIMP.

@tolmie's hairdoo hey mate not an American, and not overly religious, and I have no care for Pence.

However, painting a generalized stroke for all religious folks as fucktards is not ok.

Gone are the days where both sides could meet in the middle and there is no Centre anymore. Which leaves a huge block of voters high and dry and you have to
Make these days a call for the nut jobs on the left or the nutters on the right.

De Sanctis I feel is that man for the centre, a man who stands for no nonsense bullshit and speaks common sense is the man if I was an American would vote for.

The man literally called the bullshit around Lea Thomas the Trans swimmer and when the female swimmers felt no one was backing them and were scared to speak up. So glad FINA finally came to its senses and won’t allow trans to compete with females.

You cannot change biology of 20+ years and testosterone with couple years of hormone blockers.

And finally De Sanctis Florida bill of No primary school and kindergarten teachers allowed to talk about sex and Straight Gay or Trans up to the age of 7 if I recall is bloody common sense.

I as a parent of two don’t want my kids in kindergarten being talked and influenced about sex. They are too young to comprehend and understand and process that stuff.

It’s with topics like this I hope he brings the country together. This for me is a man that speaks common sense. And doesn’t acknowledge the bullshit that is going on in that country.

He's a gun-loving, COVID denying gimp.

Apologies for the previous omissions ;)

A religious fucktard he is, him and his zealot God squad, trying to take the US back to the days of the Pilgrim Fathers.

Of course he will have stances that most fair-minded people will also agree with, as does Boris.

But a leader it does not make.

The Evangelical Right in America have used Trump as a Trojan Horse and are looking to burn down everything inside the City walls that they don't agree with.

I am also more to the centre right, but c'mon, there is right and wrong?

The Florida gimp is just a more respectable Trump, only have to see he is now going after Disney for trying to be more liberal.

As a parent of two, myself, certainly before they were teenagers, I would not want religion taught in the classroom.

I bet the US would have an issue with that, though...

One Nation Under God.

It's embarrassing, certainly for a country which has produced some of the greatest people we have known in their short history.

*Appreciate the time you took to reply, however.

Last edited:

Lol. He brings people together with those two issues.

Talk about complete inversion of reality.

Sounds like Trans issues are a major factor in your life. I would imagine most people have very little understanding of the issues relating to Trans rights and probably have little interest, so it's unlikely he's going to bring people together who are more concerned with issues like abortion, gun control, investment, infrastructure and countless other issues that actually have a direct effect on most people's lives. I think it's quite likely you're in a minority along with the religious fundamentalists.

There are 48 democrat senators and 2 of them are DINOs. The only reason there is not a republican majority is the 2 independents siding with democrats.

You didn’t deliver a majority, the democrats do not control the senate, and that’s why everything keeps getting blocked.
There are definitely a lot of DINOsaurs in the Senate, and the general populous are not fairly represented by many of the people who were elected and paid on that very premise. And that problem isn't just a USA issue by the way. Politicians all over the world have different agendas to the ones they claimed when they were elected.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.