US Politics Thread

De Santis, IMO, is even worse than Trump. He desires power above all,
All politicians do.

like Trump, but he's a cold, calculating politician - turning on a dime to court votes.
Can you give an example of him turning to court votes. I'm not saying you are writing. Just wondering what constitutes 'turning'

Should he lose an election, he'll explore every avenue to overturn results.
What if he wins :)

The primary results from Georgia suggest some of Trump’s endorsees fell flat on their faces. And that fucking doorknob Cawthorn is out.

There is hope. Not much but a little.
You mean the Party is not a Trump cult like you told us it was? Shocking!!!

You mean the Party is not a Trump cult like you told us it was? Shocking!!!
It is not a Trump cult per se - it's a cult of extremist, unreasoning beliefs regardless of logic, in support of extreme Right wing positions, to the extent that the Right in America no longer believe in Democracy.

Should you, Dax, actually believe in Democracy (which I actually think that you do) - then it's beyond me why you would continue to support/defend Republicans.

I mean he is utter scum, but I don't know if he'd go that far . . . and I doubt he'd have a cult like Trump that would be supportive of such a move. I don't see him as as bad as Trump, who is IMO uniquely bad.
Why is he utter scum?

Does he smell little girls hair? Get unnecessary close to women in photos. Make inappropriate comments about children? What exactly is it that warrants this 'scum' appellation.

Wait, perhaps he gives eulogies at the funerals of KKK members? Or perhaps he reminisces about the good old days jocking and jiving with avowed Racists. Oh wait... That's all Biden... Funny I've never seen a post of yours calling him scum.

SO whatever it is that Desantis is doing, certainly is worse than any of the above right?????

Why is he utter scum?

Does he smell little girls hair? Get unnecessary close to women in photos. Make inappropriate comments about children? What exactly is it that warrants this 'scum' appellation.

Wait, perhaps he gives eulogies at the funerals of KKK members? Or perhaps he reminisces about the good old days jocking and jiving with avowed Racists. Oh wait... That's all Biden... Funny I've never seen a post of yours calling him scum.

SO whatever it is that Desantis is doing, certainly is worse than any of the above right?????
Why are you defending ultra-right politicians?

I get that you favor conservative policies - but are you really on board with "The Big Lie" and all that this implies? I suspect that you are not on board - as you claim not to have voted for Trump in 2020.

The current crop of Republicans are fascists by-in-large; I make this observation as a centrist - should a Bush/Romney/Regan run for office I'd very much consider voting for him.

The current crop of Republicans, however, don't believe in Democracy at all. They're busy making sure that votes don't matter - appointing election officials who publicly state that they would not have certified the 2020 election results in favor of Biden in spite of absolutely no evidence of fraud.

Last edited:
It is not a Trump cult per se - it's a cult of extremist, unreasoning beliefs regardless of logic, in support of extreme Right wing positions, to the extent that the Right in America no longer believe in Democracy.

Should you, Dax, actually believe in Democracy (which I actually think that you do) - then it's beyond me why you would continue to support/defend Republicans.
Because I don't believe Democrats winning is what defines Democracy. Doesn't mean I don't believe in Democracy. Desantis won fair and square in Florida. What about that is undemocratic.

Because I don't believe Democrats winning is what defines Democracy. Doesn't mean I don't believe in Democracy. Desantis won fair and square in Florida. What about that is undemocratic.
I believe in the vote too.

That's Democracy.

Republicans, writ large, do not believe in Democracy. They believe that any result not in their favor is obviously wrong - and must be over-turned. This is the "Big Lie." You, unfortunately, are part of the Lie - as you do nothing whatsoever to oppose this horrid viewpoint. Fucking Nazi's are about to take over America - in no small part due to the likes of cowards/sheep like you who won't oppose what's obviously going on.

Why are you defending ultra-right politicians?
Labels arenr useful. They are simply a cudgel used to beat back legitimate opposition. What Ultra Right Wing simply means a Racist. I.e a race essentialist of the White Racist type.

What about Desantis makes him a White supremacists. Coz that's really what Ulyra-Rifht is code for. Or better yet, define what you mean by Ultra Right and explain how that applies to Desantis.

I get that you favor conservative policies - but are you really on board with "The Big Lie" and all that this implies? I suspect that you are not on board - as you claim not to have voted for Trump in 2020.
FFS! How long are you gonna milk that? Who gives a fuck what Trump thinks about his lost election. We are talking about 2024.

And Desantis being a potential candidate. What does that have to do with Trump. BTW, I'm guessing the 'Big Lie' is Trump claiming the election was stolen? I haven't been watching enough MSNBC of late to keep up with the Lingo.

The current crop of Republicans are fascists by-in-large. They don't believe in Democracy at all.
Evidence. Provide evidence?????

And they're busy making sure that votes don't matter - appointing election officials who publicly state that they would not have certified the 2020 election results in favor of Biden in spite of absolutely no evidence of fraud.
1. You need evidence not left leaning claims. Again I'll repeat Georgia is having a record turnout of voters despite all the 'suppression fear mongering" that went on all through the last two years. Including Black turn out.

2. Where are they busy doing all these vote doesn't matter work? Certainly, not in Georgia.

3. There was evidence of fraud. There always is evidence of fraud. But most common sense people didn't think it was enough to warrant holding up the Republic from continuing. Including Trump supporters who felt that way.

4. But none of that is relevant to your accusations.

I believe in the vote too.

That's Democracy.

Republicans, writ large, do not believe in Democracy. They believe that any result not in their favor is obviously wrong - and must be over-turned.
Historically speaking, Democrats have been the ones who more often than not challenged the legitimacy of elections.

Bush vs Gore ( Counting chads in Florida) Democrats challenged the legitimacy.

Trump v Clinton ( Russia Collusion) 3 year investigation that produced no evidence of Collusion. This was a Democrar challenge of the Election.

Million Women's March. Not my President... Examples of more challenges to the 2016 elections.

Kemp v. Abrams 2018 Georgia Governor's race: Democrat challenge. Claimed voter suppression in spite of recording the highest black turnout to date at the time. She has yet to concede that election. So many folks who do t let facts get in the way of their ideological claims.

Biden v. Trump: Republican challenge.... Trump probably learned this from his days as a NY Democrat who turned Republican to take advantage of an opening. But ok.

Yet, your conclusion... It's Republicans who can't take a loss. Lol. Seriously? You sound like one of those who don't let facts get in the way of your ideology.

This is the "Big Lie." You, unfortunately, are part of the Lie - as you do nothing whatsoever to oppose this horrid viewpoint. Fucking Nazi's are about to take over America - in no small part due to the likes of cowards/sheep like you who won't oppose what's obviously going on.
Cowards? You know what's cowardly, being a clueless follower of what's trendy. There is no 'Big Lie.' Politicians, have been denying losing elections for ages. The rest of us just move on and let them stew in their idiocy.

What's delusional is conflating conservative with racist and Alt-Right. It's also despicable by the way.

I keep asking you for examples of these claims, but you provide none. Coz you are simply mimicking leftist talking points. And that type of automaton response is what's cowardly. Because you have no examples or evidence. Just assertions ad infinitum

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.