US Politics Thread

Biden runs then Trump will run.

He'll sell it like it's a boxing rematch. The only way he won't is if the DOJ have arrested him for Jan 6. Which I could be possible but they have to get their arse in gear and justify it as not politicising the department.
He might run to eliminate the possibility (however slight) of being arrested. Imagine arresting your political opponent as a sitting President. But I suspect a primary might break the GOP in two the longer this Jan 6 thing goes on. Not to mention Trump’s other legal and money troubles. Going to be hard for him to reach people without ubiquitous social media platforms. DeSantis isn’t going to accept a VP slot. Still not sure who emerges for Democrats if it isn’t Biden. I still want The Rock.

I didn't attack you as you allude to I just said that misinformation can be found everywhere if you choose to look for it and I thought you concurred with that sentiment.

Is misinformation a concern , well yes it probably is for some but its engrained in politics particularly those who wish to be career politicians and have to or choose to compromise their wish to be a representative of the constituents and that is all as it was around well before Trump and will be around long after his is gone.

Today largely due to the media cycle and soundbites that rule the narrative and social media its thrust upon those that wish to part take more often than in the past.

I don't share you view that US democracy is at a knife edge in terms of the electoral process.

Trump lost the last election fair and square , the voters spoke and as I have said many times he is a sore loser.

As for Fog I have said many times he makes for interesting exchange but if he disagrees with a point of view and is passionate about a response look out.

My view on him hasn't changed despite the fact I think he has exquisite taste and an excellent appreciation of music and the reasons why and his ability to explain why in terms of the pros and cons in a precise fashion that alone to me at least is worth reading.

I think the reason why your opposing posters don't 'like' your comments, even when they make sense to everyone in the outlook across politics, is because it looks like they concede ground.

There are many things to agree with and yet they fear losing face to agree with you. These are, supposedly, intelligent posters that seem to think politics is black and white when, in fact, politics is the blurring of policies when it comes to the centre ground. The likes of you and I see this.

There are some really small aspects of right wing thinking I will, reluctantly agree with, but only because it makes sense (such as the controversial docu 'What is a Woman?' and I detest the guy that made it).

I dislike 90% of how Dax thinks, but I'll appreciate the things that make sense, but the people on this thread are immature 'neolib warriors' who are easily distracted whilst the world around them suffers.

Like I've been saying for quite a while now, neolib policies are unsustainable and you cannot serve two masters of corporation and the working citizen.

We are seeing the seeds sown beginning to bloom in the West.

He'll sell it like it's a boxing rematch. The only way he won't is if the DOJ have arrested him for Jan 6. Which I could be possible but they have to get their arse in gear and justify it as not politicising the department.

Trump is not getting arrested.

He's not getting charged.

This is theatre.

Reactions: mat
I think the reason why your opposing posters don't 'like' your comments, even when they make sense to everyone in the outlook across politics, is because it looks like they concede ground.

There are many things to agree with and yet they fear losing face to agree with you. These are, supposedly, intelligent posters that seem to think politics is black and white when, in fact, politics is the blurring of policies when it comes to the centre ground. The likes of you and I see this.

There are some really small aspects of right wing thinking I will, reluctantly agree with, but only because it makes sense (such as the controversial docu 'What is a Woman?' and I detest the guy that made it).

I dislike 90% of how Dax thinks, but I'll appreciate the things that make sense, but the people on this thread are immature 'neolib warriors' who are easily distracted whilst the world around them suffers.

Like I've been saying for quite a while now, neolib policies are unsustainable and you cannot serve two masters of corporation and the working citizen.

We are seeing the seeds sown beginning to bloom in the West.

Am I a neo-lib?

If you're someone who leans towards Biden than Sanders, towards Starmer than Corbyn, don't mind corporations making billions with no cap whilst people struggle with working to live, don't mind war over dialogue, then you can decide for yourself.

Just checking if you knew what it meant or was just using it as an insult.

Trump is finished. He is just noise aimed at fundraising money for personal gain. Being President was only about that anyway, now he isn't he is making a mint about not being so. He won't risk any of that by actually doing it again. Far more coin in pretending he wants to be again and moaning about not still being it. Just a conman, you're overthinking it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.