US Presidential Race 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
point being people are so invested in something that could affect them just as much as something they don't give a shit about. Because AMERICAAAAA
But the American elections will affect those in the U.K. for sure, never mind 'might'.

I'd hardly call people "invested" in it just because there's a thread on it, it's got less than 50% of the posts in the Barm/Muffin debate.

But the American elections will affect those in the U.K. for sure, never mind 'might'.

I'd hardly call people "invested" in it just because there's a thread on it, it's got less than 50% of the posts in the Barm/Muffin debate.
About 10% of the Pogba thread.

No but this thread is a reflection of the general populace and spills out across the board, whenever something happens over there we jump on it.

I'll remove the politics from my original question.... Why are we obsessed with America?

No but this thread is a reflection of the general populace and spills out across the board, whenever something happens over there we jump on it.

I'll remove the politics from my original question.... Why are we obsessed with America?
They're a global superpower, we fall under their sphere of influence, their media/culture pervades ours, their politics and their foreign policy is extremely controversial?

They're a global superpower, we fall under their sphere of influence, their media/culture pervades ours, their politics and their foreign policy is extremely controversial?

I suppose it's easy news and water-cooler discussion.

Well there's fuck all going on over here...America? "well 72 people have been killed" awesome let's run that... Ohh them bloody guns ayy

I suppose it's easy news and water-cooler discussion.

Well there's fuck all going on over here...America? "well 72 people have been killed" awesome let's run that... Ohh them bloody guns ayy

Now you're getting it :)

You do know we are talking the most powerful man in the world not X Factor?

Whoever gets elected will just be a puppet to the people who really hold the power, he strikes me as a total knob but his personality strikes me as being one where he will generally say what he thinks which could lead to some amusing moments.

With Clinton I am genuinely worried about the future, I find her to be a power crazed, vile individual who if she told me the sun would come up at 7:00am I would have to set my alarm to check before i believed her. If she gets in, which i fully expect her to do then i think we will come as close to WW3 than ever during her reign.

I didnt like the Russian version of Friends and the Chinese version of the Wire was awful, I just crave the U.S. of A. way of doing things, their language is soooooooooo English, its almost the same as ours.

With Clinton I am genuinely worried about the future, I find her to be a power crazed, vile individual who if she told me the sun would come up at 7:00am I would have to set my alarm to check before i believed her. If she gets in, which i fully expect her to do then i think we will come as close to WW3 than ever during her reign.

But surely she'll just be a puppet to whoever holds the power?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.