US Soccer: Male footballers should earn more than women

USA women’s football is an exception.
outside of USA hardly anyone cares about women’s football because it is much more inferior
I must have been confused by the thread title and lawsuit that elicited it...

US Soccer: Male footballers should earn more than women

Silly me

More people watch the women’s team in America, and they’re more successful, and they bring in more revenue.

US Soccer should pay them AT LEAST the same for representing their country, with bonuses for success.

BTW, we are not talking big money here...£10,000 a game or something!!!

US Soccer is getting rich off the women’s game...they play waaaay more games than the men, because the women do it to promote the women’s game and because there is damned to see them play...and the women, most of whom make a pittance for being some of the world’s best in their field, just want EQUALITY.

It is long overdue.

And, I agree that women’s tennis should be paid the same as men’s tennis...at the Davis Cup, where they represent their country!

The whole “we play 3 sets, they play 5, but we want the same money” is, in my mind, bollocks. If the men’s winner makes $5,000,000, then the women’s winner should earn $3,000,000. Fair is fair!
According to the summary judgement in the suit the women's team earned more than the men's team both on a cumulative and per game basis. So they do have pay equality as far as I can tell.

USA women’s football is an exception.
outside of USA hardly anyone cares about women’s football because it is much more inferior
Earth to Southern...THE LAWSUIT IS TALKING ABOUT WOMENS SOCCER IN AMERICA!!

You can make up your own lawsuit and thread about how shit women’s soccer are, if you want, though?!

According to the summary judgement in the suit the women's team earned more than the men's team both on a cumulative and per game basis. So they do have pay equality as far as I can tell.
You’re right...they went all the way to court because they already have MORE PAY than men and think that’s not fair!

WTF?!

football and footballers only earn what the level you play at its a simple rule

men or woman football is about how much money can be generated from sponsors and tv money and gates ? its simple if the ladies was getting 60,000 fans a week and prime time tv slots then they would get more money and rightly so. but you can not pay the ladies the same money because the level is not the same and fans are not turning up to watch and tv companies are not really interested because they are a money loss and hard to promote

so sport is not a level playing field and men vs woman is a no even contest. mans sport generate far more money than ladies and football is a mans game and ladies just don't have the same power or skill to play or earn top money

Okay, I get the basis of the argument for equal pay if on international duty (whether you agree with it or not) as they are not contracted to their country.

However, for the sake of argument in the league domains of football as I’ve often seen banded around by women, equal pay to whom?

Would Steph Houghton get a straight match with De Bruynes contract? Or do they match her with League One maestro Ciarn Toney?

now numpty Aluko wants the new England women's manager to be salary matched to Southgate's reported £3m a year, despite the fact the England's women team generated less than that at the last World Cup, and that's once every four years...

now numpty Aluko wants the new England women's manager to be salary matched to Southgate's reported £3m a year, despite the fact the England's women team generated less than that at the last World Cup, and that's once every four years...
Was she wanting Neville to be on the same wage.

The USA women’s game is obviously more popular and they therefore get paid more

how ridiculous to suggest women’s game deserve equal pay in England though given disparity between commercial aspect / public interest of women vs men’s game here

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.