US Soccer: Male footballers should earn more than women

Their women’s national team lost to Dallas’ under 15s boys team.
They did lose to them in a scrimmage. The USWNT, from what I understand, often scrimmage against U17 and U15 elite boys teams.

The boys are often bigger, faster and stronger than the opposition the women will be playing in competitive matches. Marta, from from Brazil, played much of her youth against boys. That experience has made her into a player that when she is running makes it look like everyone else around her is walking. There are a few older girls at my daughter's club that have requested to train with the boys teams of their age group in addition to their own training sessions. It has helped them immensely.

It makes the women's team better and the boys get a kick about with some famous players they see in television. I wouldn't be surprised if England and other women's teams do similar. If they don't I think they should consider it.

I know you're saying it's your opinion, but then at the bottom of this quote you say

"However if male and female play each other, or with each other in the same event then both should be equally paid!

I can't think off hand of any major sport, other than tennis mixed doubles, where male and females play with or against each other. Therefore your argument of parity falls down.

no it doesn’t,

My thoughts are, that if you represent your nation at any sport that is professional (most sports now are professional including athletics)
then there should be an equal pay structure “a standardised base payment” also equal treatment around travel and hotels.

when it comes to women’s domestic sports, then they should only expect a fair balanced pay structure generated within that competition.

If male and female have entry to the same competition and complete alongside or against each other, then there is no reason for a payment difference, unless that payment is on order of merit (1st 2nd 3rd and so on).

I hope this has explained better, why I have these opinions.

no it doesn’t,

My thoughts are, that if you represent your nation at any sport that is professional (most sports now are professional including athletics)
then there should be an equal pay structure “a standardised base payment” also equal treatment around travel and hotels.

when it comes to women’s domestic sports, then they should only expect a fair balanced pay structure generated within that competition.

If male and female have entry to the same competition and complete alongside or against each other, then there is no reason for a payment difference, unless that payment is on order of merit (1st 2nd 3rd and so on).

I hope this has explained better, why I have these opinions.

The women get more then men who get no basic. The men's world cup is worth 46 times as much as the women's, it is just down to economics, just like female models get more than the men as the women's fashion industry is worth more.

If you paid TV Lionesses the same as England men then that would mean, League 1/2 footballers, who would beat the Lionesses by double figures at least, would be paid much less, despite some clubs getting higher attendances.

The women get more then men who get no basic. The men's world cup is worth 46 times as much as the women's, it is just down to economics, just like female models get more than the men as the women's fashion industry is worth more.
Not at all down to economics! It’s up to the governing body to budget for parity in wages taking into account what that organisation brings in commercially per annum as a whole. If I worked for the same company, doing the same job as a female colleague, then I wouldn’t have any problems
With equal pay structure!

Not at all down to economics! It’s up to the governing body to budget for parity in wages taking into account what that organisation brings in commercially per annum as a whole. If I worked for the same company, doing the same job as a female colleague, then I wouldn’t have any problems

In sport every 'job' is different as it is entirely down to ability driving market worth for each individual. Sport is more meritocratic than most industries, and equal pay claims from different cohorts are very disingenuous, when players in the same cohorts can earn 1000 times more than each other.

If you worked for the same company, doing the same job as a female colleague but you earned the company 100x more profits than that female colleague, would you still expect to be paid the same?

In sport every 'job' is different as it is entirely down to ability driving market worth for each individual. Sport is more meritocratic than most industries, and equal pay claims from different cohorts are very disingenuous, when players in the same cohorts can earn 1000 times more than each other.

sorry but that is total utter crap you’ve written there!

If you are called up to represent your country in a specific sports ie, football, (football is football, played by men or women it’s still the same)
Now a governing body such as the FA, have an obligation for equal rights and pay parity. It doesn’t fucking matter what the women or men generate in sponsorship, it is all paid to the FA. It is then up to the FA to make sure all equal rights are uphold and with that comes equal pay structures!

if you can’t see this then you are either stupid or suffer from Male Chauvinism!

If you worked for the same company, doing the same job as a female colleague but you earned the company 100x more profits than that female colleague, would you still expect to be paid the same?
Then that company should give work performance bonuses.

sorry but that is total utter crap you’ve written there!

If you are called up to represent your country in a specific sports ie, football, (football is football, played by men or women it’s still the same)
Now a governing body such as the FA, have an obligation for equal rights and pay parity. It doesn’t fucking matter what the women or men generate in sponsorship, it is all paid to the FA. It is then up to the FA to make sure all equal rights are uphold and with that comes equal pay structures!

if you can’t see this then you are either stupid or suffer from Male Chauvinism!

That is why City men's and women's team are on the same money. It would be a better wind up if you didn't use pigeon English to hurl insults.

Then that company should give work performance bonuses.

The bonuses are exactly what the article was on about.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.