US Soccer: Male footballers should earn more than women

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by Southern, 11 Mar 2020.

1. fulabeer

fulabeer

Women in sport.

They should only receive equal pay if they represent their country from a Government funded enterprise. (The FA isn't government funded)

Otherwise, their pay should be market lead based on incoming revenue generated from their marketability.

I think that is is right that there should be checks on gender equality to make sure they are receiving pay in the same ratio as men based on the income generated.

It's simple really.

(The bigger issue is pay caps.
    Either both have them, or none at all)

Last edited: 14 Mar 2020
    BrianW, Keeper! and Mad Eyed Screamer like this.
  2. Wafty Cranker

Wafty Cranker

I think people want to be entertained, often the most entertaining sport is that played at the highest level. I get there are other factors too, such as success, hype, profile, or if you have loyalty or an affiliation to an athlete or club, you're more invested and therefore more entertained. Let's be honest as well, look at Anna Kournikova, sex sells. She's far from the greatest female tennis player, but one of the most famous, and earned considerably more from endorsements than prize money.

If you want equal pay, your sport needs to be equally as appealing one way or another. Unfortunately for Megan Rapione, that doesn't simply mean being a woman (unless you're mega fit).

3. Southern

Southern

simple way to settle it is men’s vs women’s team

however much the men win by they get paid that much times more than the women

It’s quite obvious that by nature, all things else on level playing field, that men will always be able to produce a higher level in a physical sport or job than women

therefore pay should be higher too, unless comparing popularity of the respective men or women’s team , in which it is the same bar a few exceptions like USA women’s team who might attract more commercially

you cannot compare this with other jobs like doctor, solicitor, accountant where a man and woman would generally produce a comparable standard/output of work

Last edited: 14 Mar 2020

ADVERTISEMENT

4. Mike Cledford

Mike Cledford

Team supported:
    Man City
    Sorry Corky l listened at school so l know what a cohort is but l can only guess when people misuse it and other words like 'raft' and 'tranche' instead of good old fashioned English words everyone understands.

5. Corky

Corky

It is what the Government has been using in the same context for the last 8 years.

6. KS55

KS55

Wondering whether people assigned male gender at birth should be allowed to self identify as female and play for a women's team. (Ducks).

7. Mike Cledford

Mike Cledford

Team supported:
    Man City
    Well l was going to say it is usually politicians and the chattering classes that use the these affected expressions and of course the specific Scottish legal term 'not proven' when they have a choice the correct proven and proved pronounced with a 'oo'.
    I was unable to follow your bickering with Mid Wales Blue as l was losing the will to live. Just as l am no.....

8. Bill

Bill

farce.men can play women can't. many sports they are capable of equalling men but not football i'm afraid .

9. Keeper!

Keeper!

Whoever get the most people in a stadium should get the most money nothing to do with what sex.

The City men's team attract 50 plus thousand people every other week , the women lucky if they get a couple of thousand.

BrianW likes this.
  10. BrianW

BrianW

Team supported:
    There's Only One City
    Over time - and I mean decades - it's conceivable that City women will generate as much income as the blokes.
    When they do, they will fully deserve equal pay.