USA blues

pissedagain

hi lads, as you know trafford are playing barcelona in washington dc on 30th july, have you had any info on city, we wont just be doing ireland, hope to come over again, it was hot but good last season

Seriously, IT WAS SHIT !

I flew from Florida(Home) to New York for the games, just to sweat my bollocks off in 100 heat, drinking over priced Red Bull Piss Beer, before watching a bunch of 3rd team players look like this was the first time they had seen each other.

I'll fly to the UK(And Do) for 1st team games, but watching that crap again, no way !

Impeccable One said:
Seriously, IT WAS SHIT !

I flew from Florida(Home) to New York for the games, just to sweat my bollocks off in 100 heat, drinking over priced Red Bull Piss Beer, before watching a bunch of 3rd team players look like this was the first time they had seen each other.

I'll fly to the UK(And Do) for 1st team games, but watching that crap again, no way !

I was there as well, for a US tour. Got the obligatory photo beside the trophy with the misses. The match was disappointing to be sure, and the only highlight was Hart and Zab (and maybe Henry, as I hadn't seen him for awhile). That was the day I realised how much of a liability Bridge was (he could barely deal with an MLS team that had barely played together, much less a premier league side).

I was sweating sitting down only wearing the city shirt and shorts. It was steamy.

The game in Atlanta was pretty good. Since it was in a dome it wasn't terribly hot. The only bad thing was they sold vuvuzelas, and everyone had to buy them. I think that was Yaya's first game with us, and Adam Johnson and Adebayor were amazing the first half. Lescott got ate alive on Club America's goal though. I'd love for them to come back again but I kinda doubt its happening this summer.

I went to New York, and had a cracking time! I will concede the friendly games were not up to premiership standards, but I believe if you came to watch the matches alone, you missed out on the best parts of the tour. The Mad Hatter was packed with Blues. The city of New York was your playpen--if you failed to find something interesting, that's your fault, I made many friends on that tour, and hope you all come back to the USA next year--hopefully Chicago! Come for the party, and we'll watch a couple friendlies too. I will come see you all again in the fall--when its for three points. Party at Sinclairs!

I saw their first match against the Portland Timbers, really fantastic to see the guy's play. Bellamy was still us, and Ireland was actually the Captain. Adam Johnson was fantastic, beautiful pass to Ade and a cross that happened to clobber Ireland and go into the goal. Jo scored in the second half after the first team offense came off, then the first team defense came on. Well, first for that period of time.

I hope they come back again, I live in Seattle and there are very few City fans here. I don't see myself affording a plane ticket to see them play anytime soon. They should really come to Seattle, We have, by far, the best supported MLS team in the US. Their average attendance of 36,007 is higher than half of the Premier League sides. Kind of baffles me, as the matches are really sloppy.

I met a 'Manchester' supporter in the pub last weekend who didn't get the FA Cup at all.

He was a nice enough guy, but his grasp of history about the FA Cup and English football irritated me.

Manchester?

according to the website they plan to tour again in the summer...not sure yet what the games will be. its a market they are keen to develope.

i felt sorry for you yanks, cos it was all about building the profile of the club, most of us mancs that went across knew most of the kids would be playing and that any first teamers would just treat it as a warm up game, as for walking aronud new york after midnight in 75 degree heat it was heaven after a year of manchester weather

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.