USA national debt

The level of debt to gdp of both the UK and Ireland is considerably higher than the USA. I thought seeing it for yourself from a printed source would make more sense than me simply telling you, and that you might want to correct your initial comments.

Not a big deal.

Public Debt to GDP for Ireland is 70%, UK is 89%, USA is 104%.

But I agree it's not a big deal. I stand by what I said.

I even bolded it, but here you go....”spending more than the take from taxes.”

And, I even explained that cumulative budget deficits equal the national debt.

Don’t get why you’re not acknowledging the overall space in which what you both said was essentially correct (especially for the purposes of a general conversation), but ok. The broad statement of relentlessly spending-out more than taking-in would seem to be in line with the growth of a 22 trillion debt, and it’s good you bolded it because it helps to underline how fundamentally correct the statement was. Thank you!

Simply a function of target date funds and broad diversification across tons of millions of holders of those funds...as opposed to thousands of über rich protecting their wealth. 4% of a big number is a big number, especially in so few hands.

Good try, though.

Good try?

Lest you forget, this discussion started with you claiming that the Uber-rich “usually” run some kind of tax-dodging “scam” to avoid paying the IRS on interest income from Treasuries.

That’s not a good try — that’s an utter shit try, supported by no evidence, and only underscores that sometimes you type hysterically and hyperbolically before you think.

Good try?

Lest you forget, this discussion started with you claiming that the Uber-rich “usually” run some kind of tax-dodging “scam” to avoid paying the IRS on interest income from Treasuries.

That’s not a good try — that’s an utter shit try, supported by no evidence, and only underscores that sometimes you type hysterically and hyperbolically before you think.
THIS is what I actually said:

And, don’t forget, there are some very wealthy people in America who own large swaths of Treasuries, and thus they MAKE MONEY from the debt, while usually also avoiding the taxes that pay for the interest they receive! Brilliant scam, huh?!

As you will see, that is nothing like what you claim I said.

If you can’t understand the difference or don’t believe it is true, I can’t help you.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.