usage

Depends on the bitrate. I guess most are around 300 - 500kb/s so using very rough calculations you're looking at in the region 200 - 400MB(nearly 0.5Gig) downloaded over a couple of hours. If you're using one of the peer to peer clients (sopcast, TVU etc) rather than direct streams (justinTV etc) you'll also be uploading at the same time, I don't know if ISPs include uploads in their bandwidth metering.

MelbourneBlue said:
how many gig would i use to watch a live stream of a full game

Sounds like you have been a victim of the crap Australian Internet providers. Im suffereing at the minute using a 3 Mobile Dongle and its rubbish. Definately better to use SopCast to watch the games in terms of quality but im not sure about the usuage. I know after watching the Celtic match i had used like 300 mega bytes.

sweep said:
Depends on the bitrate. .

What he said. You been sting by a fair usage policy?

All ISPs have one, and for those of us in the UK some ISPs are beginning to throttle your speed for going over the fair usage amount, even those with 'unlimited' packages. Check your ISP 'fair usage policy' in your contract. Everyones got one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.