used toys for xmas

tolmie's hairdoo

I know times are tough for many and, thankfully, my kids are both healthy and want for very little.

Last night they asked if they could give some of their toys away, to kids who won't be getting much from Santa?

They make me proud every single day.

Some of the stuff they have isn't even 12-18 months old but they have either grown out of it, or have far too much of it, anyhow! (that's two sets of grandparents for you)

Most of the stuff still comes in boxes and in very good condition.

Some of the stuff includes a large cast model of the Millennium Falcon, Angry Birds Star Wars model game, a mini Scalextric, couple of boards games, a hover ping-pong gun.

On the girls front, a mamas and papas mini pram with dolly, another miniature pram, and maybe some Frozen stuff if my five-year-old is still of a mind...

Believe it or not, after a quick ring round this morning - Wood Street mission etc, they only want new toys at this time of year?

This is all expensive stuff and don't just want to take it to the local charity, so they can stick it on a shelf.

If there are any Blues on here which might make Christmas a little more bearable, feel free to PM me or possibly offer advice on here.

Cheers.

I know times are tough for many and, thankfully, my kids are both healthy and want for very little.

Last night they asked if they could give some of their toys away, to kids who won't be getting much from Santa?

They make me proud every single day.

Some of the stuff they have isn't even 12-18 months old but they have either grown out of it, or have far too much of it, anyhow! (that's two sets of grandparents for you)

Most of the stuff still comes in boxes and in very good condition.

Some of the stuff includes a large cast model of the Millennium Falcon, Angry Birds Star Wars model game, a mini Scalextric, couple of boards games, a hover ping-pong gun.

On the girls front, a mamas and papas mini pram with dolly, another miniature pram, and maybe some Frozen stuff if my five-year-old is still of a mind...

Believe it or not, after a quick ring round this morning - Wood Street mission etc, they only want new toys at this time of year?

This is all expensive stuff and don't just want to take it to the local charity, so they can stick it on a shelf.

If there are any Blues on here which might make Christmas a little more bearable, feel free to PM me or possibly offer advice on here.

Cheers.

Great kids!

That is rather odd re the Wood Street Mission and the like

There's also a PlayStation 2 that has been used once and comes with a WWF game and FIFA 06

That's my fault. I was trying to relive my youth of having a ZX Spectrum, and gaming immediately bored me shitless, so I stuck it in the loft!!

Every year before xmas me and the Grandson take some of his old toys to the charidee shop (Bury hospice) for, as he puts it, 'the kids with no money'
Being the only grandchild he gets rakes of stuff every year but i hope the giving old stuff away routine will help him realise the value of things.

Now, tell me about this mini scalextric you have op..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.