Using IPhone as a personal hotspot

Move your bedrooom downstairs
fool...he should just take his floors out :)

Moving your router to the centre of your house is theoretically a good idea...if a shelf on the stairs is out of the question, high up in the front room is better. Personally home plugs and a wifi extender is the less messy/most expensive option

Have you considered smashing all the windows and setting fire to your couch?

If you're not sure this would work, go next door to your neighbours and test run it there.

With one of these you can put your router where you want to put it.

$_58.JPG

Be careful using Hotspot. Even on Three's (and many others) "all you can eat" data plan only allows a certain amount to be used via Hotspot etc.

TBF It was a daft question...

Yes I do know what one is, I use mine all the time for work.
So why did you say he wouldn't be using up his data if he was on wifi? The very definition of a personal hotspot is that it uses cellular data and creates a wifi network to relay it. And if wifi was available, he wouldn't need a personal hotspot, would he.

Gentleman I didn’t want to start a row I did tell you it may be a silly question..

May not be as straight forward as all that, some contracts have tethering addons and it will use that rather than your data.

And as someone above mentioned there are fair usage policies at play.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.