Usual ticketing shambles

ManCitylegend92 said:
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
ManCitylegend92 said:
I have the tickets in my basket after a slow 15 minutes trying to get through it all online, and now to find when I get to the payment page its just not loading, Typical.
My question would be why cant they simply set the first day of ticket criteria to 11,000 plus. This way it would prevent all this fuss of, lets say 5000 fans if not more all trying to buy tickets at the same time

Why not allow folk to turn up and buy one at the Stadium?

I agree, like it used to be, it spoils all the fun purchasing online
If you're having the same weather as we are having over here, it wouldn't be fun. Pissing down.

ManCitylegend92 said:
I have the tickets in my basket after a slow 15 minutes trying to get through it all online, and now to find when I get to the payment page its just not loading, Typical.
My question would be why cant they simply set the first day of ticket criteria to 11,000 plus. This way it would prevent all this fuss of, lets say 5000 fans if not more all trying to buy tickets at the same time

No No No. Not recovered from the 99 playoff queuing experience yet.

The point is though that if the online ticketing site worked properly it should be able to handle a big demand. We are supposed to be a professional business organisation for God's sake. We should have a large enough staff capacity to handle demand. The old software was actually better at selling tickets. I had no problems for the Stoke, Wigan finals and both the semi-finals. We are going backwards in this area of our business. It's not valid to compare now with the Gillingham final..we were in the 3rd div then!

bobbyowenquiff said:
The point is though that if the online ticketing site worked properly it should be able to handle a big demand. We are supposed to be a professional business organisation for God's sake. We should have a large enough staff capacity to handle demand. The old software was actually better at selling tickets. I had no problems for the Stoke, Wigan finals and both the semi-finals. We are going backwards in this area of our business. It's not valid to compare now with the Gillingham final..we were in the 3rd div then!

^^^^ This ...
Finally, after 85 mins i have 4 wembley tickets.

Whats the rush trying to get tickets for the final? Its never going to sell out today and with it being a scramble for Barca tickets take your time a chill.

Website was slow at 9.15, but logged back on 10 mins later and got cup final tickets with choice of block etc no problem at all.

I don't think that represents huge inconvenience and when it was slow, the site provided updates every 15 seconds as to where I was in the queue.

Overall, I think it's a pretty effective service and I always find it easier to use and access than ticketmaster.

mancitypj said:
I have my wembley ticket. I phoned and was number 37 in the queue but it came down very quickly. I was probably waiting about 10 minutes. Very impressed for once.

Tried online, couldn't get anywhere, said I was in a queue then the link disappeared. Phone up at 9.20, was number 169 in queue, took an hour and a quarter

ManCitylegend92 said:
ManCitylegend92 said:

I agree, like it used to be, it spoils all the fun purchasing online

I went to the stadium!! Must start reading the OS properly. Of course I couldn't get one and came home to try online, it crashed a couple of times, so I rang and was 47 in the queue but, apart from being fed up of Greensleeves, it wasn't too bad. I got my ticket and on the front row so I'm happy!! :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.