Utd L v Bayern L 26th May

The Manchester United Foundation is a fund-raising charity and that's great but the football club doesn't actually put any money in themselves. The charity raises money from the Legends matches (last year they played Barcelona in a friendly; a lottery; and some golf days. It is supported by the generosity of the public. Nothing wrong with that and it undoubtedly does good work in our local community but it is a far cry from the sort of direct investment made by our much-maligned owners.

Why would any self respecting Bayern player agree to play in that

Some of them are in Germany since last week when Bayern celebrated the Championship. Some nice days in Munich with a paid hotel and seeing your old friends - parties in Munich after the Championship, in Berlin after the Cup and now in Manchester included...

What is wrong with that?

I actually wondered that some of them could play as they for sure did not stay with nonalcoholic drinks last night in Berlin - and the party did not start until the team came at about one o'clock.

Some of the players like Demichelis and Elber are official brand ambassedors for Bayern and do not just play for the legends but take over tasks whenever a representative from Bayern is needed somewhere in the world.

Some of them are in Germany since last week when Bayern celebrated the Championship. Some nice days in Munich with a paid hotel and seeing your old friends - parties in Munich after the Championship, in Berlin after the Cup and now in Manchester included...

What is wrong with that?

I actually wondered that some of them could play as they for sure did not stay with nonalcoholic drinks last night in Berlin - and the party did not start until the team came at about one o'clock.

Some of the players like Demichelis and Elber are official brand ambassedors for Bayern and do not just play for the legends but take over tasks whenever a representative from Bayern is needed somewhere in the world.

The point I was making was why would they agree to play a game which remembers and celebrates a match which I’m sure their club, players and fans have spent the last 20 years trying to forget

It’s like city and ex players agreeing to play in an anniversary match to celebrate wigan winning the cup

The obvious answer is that they were paid handsomely

The Manchester United Foundation is a fund-raising charity and that's great but the football club doesn't actually put any money in themselves. The charity raises money from the Legends matches (last year they played Barcelona in a friendly; a lottery; and some golf days. It is supported by the generosity of the public. Nothing wrong with that and it undoubtedly does good work in our local community but it is a far cry from the sort of direct investment made by our much-maligned owners.

I accept all that but until I know how much the foundation paid to all the players, hangers on and Uncle Tom Cobbley I will not be saying well done raggies for a charitable gesture. Further, whilst the Glazers made no money out of the gate receipts the club shop will have been rammed with plastics shelling out money, then there is the food and bar takings. The Rags don't do anything unless it lines their pockets.

Oh and one of their projects that they fund from the foundation is Manchester United Girls. Hardly helping the homeless or anything worthwhile.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.