UWCL Qualifying tournament - City OUT - lost 1-0 to Real Madrid

Seems a little off that we play a 1 leg play off v Madrid at theirs. Should have been at a neutral ground
Each of the round 1 qualifying groups were hosted by a team from that group. We were just "unlucky" enough to get Real Madrid in ours who were a designated host. Don't know how the teams were awarded hosting responsibilities though.

See the club co-efficients here:
UEFA Womens Club Co-efficients

City are 7th
Guess which is the only club in the top 12 to be playing in this next shithouse round of qualifications.

I think we've been given a real shitty end of the stick here. We literally batter any of these others in the League Qualification Route. As for the other teams in the ahem Champions Route (those minnows from small associations), without being disrespectful we would be sticking 10 past most of them. I'm talking about the likes of Valur (ISL), Olympia Cluj (ROM), Spartak Subotica (SRB), Brann (NOR), KuPS Kuopia (FIN) and many more.

The other League qualifiers co-efficient positions: (They List 1 - 127)

Madrid = 22 (false position due to the fact they were formed last year, their results say they should be about 8th)
SFC Ajax = 27
Frankfurt = Not Listed
Minsk = 25
Rosenborg = 73
Paris FC = Not Listed
Roma = Not LIsted

So we've got the 7th and 8th best teams in Europe playing each other in a fucking Qualifying round not worthy of 2 legs. Well done UEFA outstanding manipulation. We really must finish in the top 2 next year to avoid this shit.

See the club co-efficients here:
UEFA Womens Club Co-efficients

City are 7th
Guess which is the only club in the top 12 to be playing in this next shithouse round of qualifications.

I think we've been given a real shitty end of the stick here. We literally batter any of these others in the League Qualification Route. As for the other teams in the ahem Champions Route (those minnows from small associations), without being disrespectful we would be sticking 10 past most of them. I'm talking about the likes of Valur (ISL), Olympia Cluj (ROM), Spartak Subotica (SRB), Brann (NOR), KuPS Kuopia (FIN) and many more.

The other League qualifiers co-efficient positions: (They List 1 - 127)

Madrid = 22 (false position due to the fact they were formed last year, their results say they should be about 8th)
SFC Ajax = 27
Frankfurt = Not Listed
Minsk = 25
Rosenborg = 73
Paris FC = Not Listed
Roma = Not LIsted

So we've got the 7th and 8th best teams in Europe playing each other in a fucking Qualifying round not worthy of 2 legs. Well done UEFA outstanding manipulation. We really must finish in the top 2 next year to avoid this shit.
It's what we get for finishing 3rd in the league as did Real Madrid. Can't wait to see what kind of conspiracy theories come out if we get past Real and then draw PSG in the 2nd qualifying round ;)

It wasn't a conspiracy theory just a complaint regarding the shit setup that places us against Real Madrid in this next 1 off round. Its the equivalent of Chelsea having to play Atletico in a 1 game qualifier to get to the group stages.
Quite rightly both clubs would be a bit pissed off - Chelsea moreso having to play it at the Metropolitano Stadium.
I qualified the fact it was our own fault for finishing 3rd.

Where's sweet Caroline Weir?
Is it weird me thinking that the lionesses fans sang Neil Diamond after her wonder goals against the ragesses?

No surprise there's no mention of this match on the BBC website fixtures listing. That's appalling in itself. But also nothing on City+ about it being shown there. And no thread here either which is surprising too.

This is one of the most important matches in City Women's calendar this year and it's going unnoticed. This really shows how little progress there is still in the profile of the women's game, which is a massive shame.

No surprise there's no mention of this match on the BBC website fixtures listing. That's appalling in itself. But also nothing on City+ about it being shown there. And no thread here either which is surprising too.

This is one of the most important matches in City Women's calendar this year and it's going unnoticed. This really shows how little progress there is still in the profile of the women's game, which is a massive shame.
From a City point of view, yes it’s not good, if not being promoted by City.

From a media point of view, it’s just the usual. I’m sure, if we lose, it’ll be a headline.

Not sure where you get your City info from. Four articles at the top of the City app. Not surprising it's not on the BBC, the previous game wasn't reported on until after the game: Scottish women's games were deemed far more important.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.