UWCL ST Polten V CITY (A) 16-10-24 KO 1745

I think Keating is a brilliant shot stopper, she proved as much last season, of course, she is a little rusty after a lay off and yes she looked a bit larger than I remember from last season.

I was surprised when we signed another top class keeper tbh, great for squad depth but it could lead to problems down the line and if I'm being honest I will always cheer the homegrown talent to succeed in any battle.

Two seasons ago when we had that older (french?) keeper in making sloppy errors every game I wanted Keating to get a chance then tbh

I really liked Roebuck and was sad to see her go down with her illness.

Wasn't saying Keating was at fault for anything tonight (to may fair , I only caught the 2nd half).
But was saying, I thought Keating was great last season behind a great defence. So I didn't really see her position as a problem that we needed a new keeper this season ?
Keating faffing about was the start of the equaliser, compounded by Greenwood faffing about, it led to the corner that led to the goal. I'm all for the playing out from the back, but sometimes it just needs getting rid of.

I also thought Keating was fine last year, bar the odd brainfart, but then we brought in 2 keepers, I could see the need for one, not sure we needed two.

The bigger problem tonight though was again the inability to score, before they equalised it should have been 3 or 4-0, an ongoing issue with the women's team (but also throughout the club for me), how often do we lament missed chances at all levels ? That leaves you more vulnerable to stupid mistakes, or multiple mistakes.

Good result. Hasegawa the best player on the pitch as usual and we kept the ball well once we got 3-2 up. The Ladies need to be far more ruthless in front of goal but nice to see we actually have a bigger squad this year and can rotate. Roord will be a key factor once she gets up to speed as she still looks a ways off yet but itll come in time. On to the next one.

Yes I did, doesn’t make her a bad keeper though, the defence trust her.
Keating causes panic and uncertainty that spreads throughout the defence as shown again tonight.
Looks like she’s put a bit of timber on as well, that probably doesn’t help her…

I don't believe we were watching the same game.

So explain how she caused "panic and uncertainty that spread throughout the defence" last night? Did she not win golden gloves last year? Were her passes straight to the oppo yesterday? How was she to blame for the goals yesterday?

Me? I saw her make decisions of coming for the ball or clearing the ball rather than inviting trouble by staying in her area. I saw the players trust her passing decisions and pass TO her more than they do Yamashita.

As long as her putting on weight doesn't stop her agility as per the St Polten keeper, she's good.

And I didn't say Yamashita was a "bad keeper", but that Keating was better.

Keating faffing about was the start of the equaliser, compounded by Greenwood faffing about, it led to the corner that led to the goal. I'm all for the playing out from the back, but sometimes it just needs getting rid of.

We have a City DNA of playing which Keating stuck to. She did her part. There's no way she would have put Greenwood into trouble if she thought Greenwood wouldn't laid it straight off as per the way we play.

Nobody thought Greenwood would decide to to try and dribble out of defence! Since when did we start doing that? Left Back was on for the first time lay off.

Is this the "causing panic throughout the defence" I read before...?

All that faffing. Someone ought to tell Pep to get rid of Ederson too and bring Joe Hart back.....

We play out, it's what we do. Occasionally it goes wrong, but it's pretty rare tbh.

I was surprised by them tbh, and their goalkeeper was really good.

I thought they pressed really well and broke at speed which caught us out.

I didn't know what to expect from them not having seen them before, but it seemed to me that Taylor was caught out too.

Not too fluent but a win on the night, so not to be sniffed at.

NB A couple of comments that suggested we would storm them were clearly misplaced, despite a fantastic wondergoal start from us.

I don't believe we were watching the same game.

So explain how she caused "panic and uncertainty that spread throughout the defence" last night? Did she not win golden gloves last year? Were her passes straight to the oppo yesterday? How was she to blame for the goals yesterday?

Me? I saw her make decisions of coming for the ball or clearing the ball rather than inviting trouble by staying in her area. I saw the players trust her passing decisions and pass TO her more than they do Yamashita.

As long as her putting on weight doesn't stop her agility as per the St Polten keeper, she's good.

And I didn't say Yamashita was a "bad keeper", but that Keating was better.
It’s clearly obvious that we wasn’t watching the same game!
I’ve played football with you back in the day, and we definitely see the game differently!
I guess it’s all about opinions…

The scoreline should have been a bigger margin, we dominated for most of the game and could of easily been 3 or 4-1 up at HT
Sounds like very similar games I've seen over the last couple of seasons. The game that still sticks out is the battering Brighton got in the game they nicked at the end. We seem to have more success with a score reflecting the statistical domination but they tend to be teams from cup games where we play lower lever teams, but we have the chances against much better teams but waste good chances.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.