VAR - 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give me multiple camera angles and perspectives and the slow-mo zoom tech and I'm pretty certain that, if I wanted to, I could find a reason to disallow a goal. Put me on VAR for a rag game and I'm certain of it.

Unfortunately the reverse is being applied to our games by people who have much to lose and will stop at nothing to prevent the rise of City to the top of European football's elite.
Absolutely. I call it the 50/50 decisions that can always go either way and no one can really complain. But nowadays with VAR, 80/20 calls, even 100% calls are being regarded as 50/50 calls where they can give whatever they want.

"They" can equal anyone nowadays :

"Former ref Mark Halsey has learned VAR Andy Madley was told by commander Adam Carter NOT to award Manchester City’s Phil Foden a blatant penalty against Southampton last week."

Who the fuck is Adam Carter!? Well this is who (From the Sun back in 2019)

I've always said too many decision makers means there is more opportunity for bias, I preffered it when it was just the ref we didnt trust. I want those days back, I dont like football being stopped all the time to give decisions that are as ridiculous as pre-VAR days.

They'll just deny this var match commander influenced the decision in any way, and move on. Too easy for them to cover for each other. This guy, and the var referee, should be the subject of an immediate investigation. If proven to be rubbish, then fine.

The conversations they have need to be audible. If we can hear and even see their decision making process then we have less to query.

The fact that they are so against it, and as said above that the very issue is largely ignored, does not speak well for the legitimacy of the competition. They are already wired up, they just won't let anyone hear it. Why? Fear the bench will hear it? So what, if it's the right decision?

I suspect very much that there are some seriously well rounded pigs at the premier league trough who are standing on this one. Inevitable that any moneymaking sport will attract certain sorts, the fact that we hear so little about initiatives to combat it and are led to believe it doesn't even exist, are puzzling.
The LotG are public knowledge. We should know how they are interpreting those laws and whether their interpretation is valid according to the published laws. The fact that they appear to oppose any real time publication just leads even ordinary, non-conspiracy-minded individuals to question any motive. And the Foden incident just outlines where the system is completely failing the fans and the sport. If they had come out with the notion that it was clear the goalie had a shoe lace on the ball then yer can sigh, shake yer head and wish for a better set of lenses on the camera, a greater range of angles from which to derive at the clearest decision. The fact that the wanker simply endorses the poor view Jonny One Lung had makes it demonstrably clear it's manipulated. Every VAR decision and perusal should be shown on the big screen - end of!

The LotG are public knowledge. We should know how they are interpreting those laws and whether their interpretation is valid according to the published laws. The fact that they appear to oppose any real time publication just leads even ordinary, non-conspiracy-minded individuals to question any motive. And the Foden incident just outlines where the system is completely failing the fans and the sport. If they had come out with the notion that it was clear the goalie had a shoe lace on the ball then yer can sigh, shake yer head and wish for a better set of lenses on the camera, a greater range of angles from which to derive at the clearest decision. The fact that the wanker simply endorses the poor view Jonny One Lung had makes it demonstrably clear it's manipulated. Every VAR decision and perusal should be shown on the big screen - end of!
Watch any of the 6 nations or test cricket - close decisions analysed before your very eyes with commentary and explanations from video refs/umpires.
It works - it‘s not rocket science - unless of course, you want it to be.
Anyway, are all the qualified refs in the caravan so testicularly challenged that they just obey an unqualified analyst without question?

Watch any of the 6 nations or test cricket - close decisions analysed before your very eyes with commentary and explanations from video refs/umpires.
Anyway, are all the qualified refs in the caravan so testicularly challenged that they just obey an unqualified analyst without question?

Seemingly the answer is yes.

Watching var being manipulated this season has been awful. However I don't know which is worse, being in the ground and not having a clue why decisions have been made or actually being able to see the cheating on the tele.

Either way is appalling, but at the very least paying fans in the ground are entitled to see what others can see in their armchairs. Next season we must be able to see what the hell is going on and not leave paying fans in the dark, having to wait till getting home to find out why a decision was made.

I'm just watching the T20 India v England and the whole system is so refreshing. The issue is slightly different in that cricket doesn't move around as much as football, but I fail to see how multiple camera angles, first class technology and a clear grasp of the LotG deliver a decision such as the Foden stonewall pen not being given. It might be that the application of the LotG by the wankers in the shed isn't quite 'first class'!

So, apart from the article in the Sun yesterday, gas this latest VAR 'scandal' been on any other Media outlet?

BT certainly haven't given it any air time (unless I blinked).

Nothing wrong with the technology it's the muppets and crooks implementing it. Don't see how anything has changed there.
The initials stand for Video Assistant Referee. I am not having a go at the technology, I am calling out the corrupt fuckers that do not even bother to use it AND the posters on here that defend them.

The initials stand for Video Assistant Referee. I am not having a go at the technology, I am calling out the corrupt fuckers that do not even bother to use it AND the posters on here that defend them.
The technology they use for offside is fatally flawed in that there is an inbuilt margin of error which makes it EASY to be manipulated by the corrupt fuckers operating it.

Watching France V Wales in the rugby and its chalk and cheese to how Var is used. Referee talks to both teams, you listen to the conversation between referee and video check official, clear communications thats respected by both teams. How can Var be so awful compared to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.