VAR - 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decision just now in the baggies game.

At this point it has gone beyond incompetence for me, it feels like there is a clear position from the refs to deliberately use VAR incorrectly so that it causes enough storm that its simply removed and the PiGMOL can go back to their little cabal without ever having to worry about a load of fancy lines and tv cameras exploting their clear corruption.

I think PiGMOL have suggested in the past that they didn't want the public to be privvy to the effin' 'n jeffin when it looked as though VAR might chalk off a Rag or Dipper goal. Funny that we don't hear any profanities whenever I've watched rugby or cricket. I think they just don't want us to hear what they are considering, what they are basing the final decision on and whether what they have said matches what we've seen and conforms with the written LotG.

Just watched a replay of it and it's true that a definitive line cannot be drawn through the goal scorer and the last defender at the same time.

But why does a line need drawing anyway? It can be clearly seen by eye that it is not offside. And for that reason VAR Is utter bollocks.

Linesman don`t draw lines in real life. Because they can`t. So why should VAR draw lines when it can't either.. Especially when it can't for a multitude of reasons such as perspective, frame rate, tolerance......and now non existent video.....

VAR what was the point for bring it in the game ? clear and obvious mistakes
well if the system is making clear and obvious mistakes how can it be good for the game

the system is being run by the wrong people that made the mistakes in the first place so why put them in control of VAR. the systems needs a big review and take it out of the hands of the officials that can not use it

also both clubs in games using VAR should be allowed a club official in the studio to over look what's going on and can ask for a review

At this point it has gone beyond incompetence for me, it feels like there is a clear position from the refs to deliberately use VAR incorrectly so that it causes enough storm that its simply removed and the PiGMOL can go back to their little cabal without ever having to worry about a load of fancy lines and tv cameras exploting their clear corruption.

And the fabled 99.7% accuracy stat tumbles ever lower....

I don't understand how pigmob can control the Premier League like they do. They cannot be punished if they cock up and are answerable to no one.
Sky/bt know more about what is being discussed at Stockley Park than the clubs, how can that be right.

The Southampton number 3 is actually sitting on one of the blue lines. This has to be interference by VAR, and the goal should be disallowed. But what are the blue lines actually doing? In my mind, they shouldn't even be on the pitch, so this should be seen as interference by an outside agent, and a drop ball is the correct decision. Uncontested (by the defending team), of course, as the attacking team was in possession at the time of the incident.

The Southampton number 3 is actually sitting on one of the blue lines. This has to be interference by VAR, and the goal should be disallowed. But what are the blue lines actually doing? In my mind, they shouldn't even be on the pitch, so this should be seen as interference by an outside agent, and a drop ball is the correct decision. Uncontested (by the defending team), of course, as the attacking team was in possession at the time of the incident.
Brilliant. And correct.

VAR what was the point for bring it in the game ? clear and obvious mistakes
well if the system is making clear and obvious mistakes how can it be good for the game

the system is being run by the wrong people that made the mistakes in the first place so why put them in control of VAR. the systems needs a big review and take it out of the hands of the officials that can not use it

also both clubs in games using VAR should be allowed a club official in the studio to over look what's going on and can ask for a review
Well said Paul!

When's the new album out?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.