VAR - 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. Theres so many things wrong with this phrase Clear and Obvious.

Firstly it's still subjective. What is meant by clear? How Clear?

Secondly, it's wrong for a remote match commander to watch a video in isolation and decide for himself if he thinks a "clear" mistake was made by the ref. The ref should decide.

Thirdy, the phrase really is just an excuse to review certain decisions but not others. The phrase should be changed to heads I win, tails you lose.

There is no consistency. The only thing Clear and Obvious about it is that it's bent.
Exactly.

The subjective nature of the clear and obvious error combined with the subjective nature of tight offside rulings means the system is wide open to corruption. If you add the fact that they just make up handball rulings as they go along the whole thing is a steaming pile of shite.

I'm sure in the first half on Saturday, chelsea were attacking and a player looked offside but the liner never flagged, play carried on without a city player touching the ball, chelsea kept the ball and worked it to near the box where they got the free kick,but a replay showed they were originally off side,and they were allowed to take the free kick, that cannot be right.

I'm sure in the first half on Saturday, chelsea were attacking and a player looked offside but the liner never flagged, play carried on without a city player touching the ball, chelsea kept the ball and worked it to near the box where they got the free kick,but a replay showed they were originally off side,and they were allowed to take the free kick, that cannot be right.
Making it up as they go along.

VAR controversies are also masking the fact that officials are STILL up to their old classic game management tricks such as disproportionate application of the LotG and playing advantage.

How many fouls did Chelsea get away with that would have been given against us?

You did, this is where it falls down, they’re literally waiting for us to get possession back before flagging, Chelsea players knew he was offside & despite being a counter attacking team, recycled possession back into their own half, smart play but once the ball went back the liner should’ve flagged as it was entering a new phase and VAR should’ve instructed him to do so, had they scored from the free kick Dermot would’ve been trotting out “phase of play “ blah blah” he got it wrong but the process is right so he actually got it right” blah blah

Trevor Sinclair and Matterface said the same thing in their commentary on talkshite. Along with Pep telling Moss.

My son and I kept asking each other, “When is the linesman going to flag?” When they got the free kick and nothing happened, we asked, “It’s been so long, did he forget?”!!!

The Harry Kane goal can't be offside because the equipment is not accurate enough to measure distance down to such small amounts. The decision on when the ball is played depends on when you freeze the frame and then the shutter speed. It is only accurate within 13cms in either direction so you have to make allowance for a margin of error of at least 26cms. What is happening is a disgrace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.