VAR - 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
so every time Liverpool and Man U win the league it’s influenced. Every time it’s someone else it’s because they didn’t influence enough ... right ?
I didn't say that

I said the FA CAN influence

A referee can influence a game, but he cannot guarantee a result

A few years ago the head of the FA said in an interview they really wanted a different winner every year and they have a plan in place

I didn't say that

I said the FA CAN influence

A referee can influence a game, but he cannot guarantee a result

A few years ago the head of the FA said in an interview they really wanted a different winner every year and they have a plan in place

the team with the most money and best players will predominantly win more games. That’s all there is too it and it’s why Man City win so much - nothing to do with influence by officials.

i am. If I thought football was a fix there’s not a chance in hell I would bother with it. Strange so many do.

I have thought many times about giving it up because it is "fixed" but I love City

As a perfect example of a referee influencing a game, read up on the 2016 cup final utd vs palace and Clattenburg's performance, plus it's easy to source pictures of him taken with Ferguson before kick off

I have thought many times about giving it up because it is "fixed" but I love City

As a perfect example of a referee influencing a game, read up on the 2016 cup final utd vs palace and Clattenburg's performance, plus it's easy to source pictures of him taken with Ferguson before kick off

here’s Man Utd fan thinking Champions league draw is fixed

Are they wrong ?

nope, no Liverpool or Man U ...

MAN CITY (H) AUG 10
Missed City penalty retaken due to encroachment by Hammers ace Declan Rice. Retake scored by Sergio Aguero in the 86th minute.

BOURNEMOUTH (A) SEPT 28
Josh King goal, originally ruled out for offside, cleared by the VAR so Cherries levelled in what ended up a 2-2 draw.

CRYSTAL PALACE (H) OCT 5
Jordan Ayew goal was awarded after originally being ruled out for offside in the 87th minute as the Eagles won 2-1.

TOTTENHAM (H) NOV 23
Rice’s 89th-minute goal disallowed for offside as Spurs edged the game 3-2.

CHELSEA (A) NOV 30
Goal for Michail Antonio ruled out for handball on 67 minutes although the Hammers did go on to win the game 1-0.

SOUTHAMPTON (A) DEC 14
Antonio’s 52nd-minute strike was again chalked off for handball in another close game.

SHEFFIELD UTD (A) JAN 10
Last-minute leveller for Robert Snodgrass ruled out for handball in the build-up by Rice as the hosts hung on for a 1-0 victory.

BRIGHTON (H) FEB 1
Glenn Murray’s leveller for hosts in a 3-3 thriller allowed after incorrect handball on 79 minutes.

ARSENAL (A) MAR 7
Alexandre Lacazette 78th-minute 1-0 winner allowed after incorrect offside against Mesut Ozil.

TOTTENHAM (A) JUN 23
Tomas Soucek own goal given despite the ball hitting Davison Sanchez’s arm as Spurs won 2-0.

CHELSEA (H) JULY 1
Soucek goal disallowed for offside against Hammers ace Antonio

To be fair, we were 3-0 up with 4 minutes to go. I remember thinking, it was such a poorly struck penalty, it didn't deserve a re-take.

In the Scotland game last night, where VAR was in operation, Marshall saved a penalty in the shoot out after having clearly left his line, yet the kick was not retaken. Does that rule only apply to penalties in normal play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.