VAR - 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything is wrong with VAR even before you get the crooked bastards using it.
There are many things I do not like about VAR but the majority of them relate to how the officials, especially the English ones use it, usually to favour certain teams.
Another thing I found strange was that the commentator (Darke) was still insisting it was offside 2 minutes after the game had re-started. So much for an English man supporting an english club

I wonder if SKY will start next week's match coverage against the scouse scum by finally releasing last year's VAR lines for Salah's offside breakaway goal? Hmmmmm, I wonder....

Newcastle goalscorer Callum Wilson:

"We worked on getting across the near post. As I saw him swing his leg I got clever and let him kick me. There was a delay, I thought about changing things, but I kept my cool."

Hardly a full on proper moan as we played well and won. But for our disallowed 6th goal yesterday, if the VAR offside line had been used on the Burnley defenders outstretched hand like it was for Bamford a few weeks back, that goal might have stood. Again inconsistency in the way VAR is implemented.

Reactions: mat
Hardly a full on proper moan as we played well and won. But for our disallowed 6th goal yesterday, if the VAR offside line had been used on the Burnley defenders outstretched hand like it was for Bamford a few weeks back, that goal might have stood. Again inconsistency in the way VAR is implemented.
The equipment is just not accurate enough to give those sort of decisions. It all depends on where the frame is frozen. Officials should be forced to take account of this technical margin of error (up to 20cms apparently) in making any decisions. It is clear that VAR is being used incorrectly in England. It could be corruption or incompetence. With Mike Riley in charge either is possible.

Here's a detailed expert analysis of the technical flaws of VAR from a camera operator. In fact it's worse than I thought. Apparently because of the relative movement of players and camera frame speeds the margin of error is up to 38cms. So none of these tight calls are correct. They should make allowances for the frame speed. The way VAR is being used is creating "fake football."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.