Var debate 2019/20

It’s quite simple Ric, Liverpool are being assisted by cheats.

I suppose it’s easier for those to not lose their heads when it’s buried in the sand.
Let’s presume that’s true for a minute. How has that meant we lost to Norwich, Utd and Wolves twice, drew at home to Palace, and let Newcastle take a point by not marking the only bloke they had who could score from outside the box. That’s 16 points we’ve given up and, if we win those games, we are 6 points behind them with a game in hand, and have to play them at home. That’s the real reason they’re going to win it at a cantor.

Is that whataboutery?

I will answer though. Firminho went down like he had been shot and had Sterling down similar it would be laughed off.

Fabinho didn't just look like a penalty it was one but fuck that, let them play on so they van score and pretend VAR has taken a look.

Liverpool are an excellent side but they have had every single decision going this season that has mattered in a game, every single one. They got the vast majority last season as well but we where just too good. No such chances are being taken this season though as VAR has robbed us of enough points and given them plenty to ensure no slip ups.
Every game they've struggled to break teams down in they have had a 'helping hand', either VAR or the referee awarding a freekick in a dangerous area.

Is that whataboutery?

I will answer though. Firminho went down like he had been shot and had Sterling down similar it would be laughed off.

Fabinho didn't just look like a penalty it was one but fuck that, let them play on so they van score and pretend VAR has taken a look.

Liverpool are an excellent side but they have had every single decision going this season that has mattered in a game, every single one. They got the vast majority last season as well but we where just too good. No such chances are being taken this season though as VAR has robbed us of enough points and given them plenty to ensure no slip ups.

Ive not seen Liverpool’s game today and have absolutely no intention to but, I think your right - I don’t think it can be reasonably argued that the same rules have applied to everyone

They’d have probably won the league anyway but what’s happened this season is clear and obvious as far as I’m concerned

Liverpool have deservedly won the league and we have let our high standards slip but this discussion is about VAR and we have been robbed by it several times whilst they seemingly get the benefit of it every single time it actually matters and is needed.

Is that whataboutery?

Sorry, you seem to have skirted around the bit about Scudamore’s comments. Be honest, it simply doesn’t add up does it?

Sorry, you seem to have skirted around the bit about Scudamore’s comments. Be honest, it simply doesn’t add up does it?

What doesnt add up?

Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal have a far bigger global fanbase than we do, especially in the markets the PL makes huge money from.

Why is it then strange to you that the league would like those sides to do well?

Let’s presume that’s true for a minute. How has that meant we lost to Norwich, Utd and Wolves twice, drew at home to Palace, and let Newcastle take a point by not marking the only bloke they had who could score from outside the box. That’s 16 points we’ve given up and, if we win those games, we are 6 points behind them with a game in hand, and have to play them at home. That’s the real reason they’re going to win it at a cantor.
I think people miss the fact that some of the games we played 'sh*te' in that the match officials had an influence on the way we have played, not Just VAR, but 'traditional' methods of game management. Yes' we've missed many a chance in front of goal, and their is no excuse for that, but given a level playing field we would likely be at least level.

I think people miss the fact that some of the games we played 'sh*te' in that the match officials had an influence on the way we have played, not Just VAR, but 'traditional' methods of game management. Yes' we've missed many a chance in front of goal, and their is no excuse for that, but given a level playing field we would likely be at least level.

You're wasting your time mate.

You can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink.

What doesnt add up?

Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal have a far bigger global fanbase than we do, especially in the markets the PL makes huge money from.

Why is it then strange to you that the league would like those sides to do well?
You’re deliberately avoiding the question. Scudamore said it wasn’t in their interests for a team to dominate. Liverpool are dominating more this season than any team in history, yet you still think that the authorities are going out of their way to facilitate this. It doesn’t make any sense.

What doesnt add up?

We’ve won it more times than Arsenal and Liverpool and are one behind Chelsea. If you look at the last 10 years, since the takeover, we’ve won 4, Rags have won 3, Chelsea 3, Arsenal NONE, Liverpool NONE. Since 2012, it’s even more stark. (4, 1, 2, 0 and 0). This conspiracy is piss poor at delivering the ‘right’ result, that’s for sure.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.