Var debate 2019/20

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by Chi-town blues, 17 Apr 2019.

1. Paladin

Paladin

Some are doing. I've reached the point of not really wanting to watch any Liverpool games, because I think they are getting preferential treatment. I watch a few United games just for the comedy value.

I'll add though, that I can't stand all the eulogising over Liverpool, when compared to the lack of recognition that came our way in the last two years.

Bobbyespania likes this.
  2. JASR

JASR

There were plenty of comments about godawful referee decisions/non decisions.
    Pep even highlighted 9 serious fouls that didn’t result in red cards against our players. It made the news - amazingly.
    Our 2 seasons of domination, should have been even more overwhelming in terms of goals/points. Except most close decisions were decided in favour of opposition.
    In terms of Liverpool, there were so many decisions/non decisions in their favour. The multiple missed offsides by a mile (Milner by the touchline being the most blatant). The tactical fouls unpunished. The diving in the box unpunished.
    (Side note: United have binned off their chief dead ball defensive cheaters since VAR...)
    The seemingly endless cataclysmic mistakes by oppo goalkeepers when liverpool needed a goal to win.

this year liverpool , being a great team are going very well, but they have the added bonus of the ‘assistance’ level turned up to 11. It’s clear and obvious when diddly-squat of VARable incidents against you, are shown to the watching public when you play. Or the time involved in making those VAR decisions for you, can be measured in milliseconds.

LWashington, Bobbyespania and bluemcr like this.
  3. deafmanstevo

deafmanstevo

Ok will do , but still well over the top in this sort of stuff and if you believe it is why be so upset.
    Usually the same few people go on about this we get 51,000 a week taking away the away support. And many other grounds have good support..
    Believe you me if e English football was that corrupt, thousands wouldn't bother going and football would die.
    And I wouldn't give a shit if we beat utd 10-0 or lose 10 -0.
    It's only cos we are having a bad season in the league by our standards these sort of threads crop up.
    Could be alot worse we could be manchester fucking united !!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

4. deafmanstevo

deafmanstevo

Ok no probs respect your views

5. Ric

Ric

Ha, sorry. Back on topic, VAR is shit and is completely ruining the match going experience. It’s not going away though sadly, but they have to change the way it’s implemented next season.

Bobbyespania and wattle like this.
  6. AlfGreyruinedmyday

AlfGreyruinedmyday

I know the two sports have fundamental differences in the way the game flows but I can't watch an international rugby match without thinking what an absolute clusterfuck VAR is. Open and inclusive communication between players; referees; reviewers and television audiences and transparency of decisions. VAR needs to come into the light or else it's reputation will be forever tarnished. A third eye is needed but it can't be blind or what's the point.

Ric likes this.
  7. TheThirdDeano

TheThirdDeano

There’s too many reason for them to be stripped of any title to list pal!

Cornish_Blue likes this.
  8. bluemcr

bluemcr

Yeah but surely that's like alot of things in life such as other sports, work, gambling etc. I mean why bother with anything there's pro and cons to anything you do.

9. bluemcr

bluemcr

Yeah but surely that's like alot of things in life such as other sports, work, gambling etc. I mean why bother with anything there's pro and cons to anything you do.

10. give it to gordon

give it to gordon

Team supported:
    Manchester City
    Just seen the highlights of the dippers game, it showed them going straight up on a counter attack and scoring after what should have been a penalty to Southampton. Now where have i seen something similar to that a team should have had a penalty but the dippers counter attack and score.
    It was clear trip and penalty it could have put Southampton 1 up and changed the game.
    VAR isnt fit for purpose and so bent.
    That's just two games of the top of my head where a penalty should have been award against the dippers at nil-nil. Which could have changed the out come of the game yet the dippers were allowed to score on the counter attack which changed the game IN THEIR FAVOUR. Yes they are a good team but this league win is heavily tainted.