Var debate 2019/20

You’re deliberately avoiding the question. Scudamore said it wasn’t in their interests for a team to dominate. Liverpool are dominating more this season than any team in history, yet you still think that the authorities are going out of their way to facilitate this. It doesn’t make any sense.
Did Scudamore mean dominate a single season, like Liverpool this season, or City two seasons ago, or was he guarding against a team dominating over a period of time? I think seven out of eight domestic trophies won in the last two seasons is the type of dominance they want to protect against.

Another factor is the psychological implications of the questionable VAR decisions. After the home Spurs game, I thought we had been very unfairly swindled out of two points. I reserved judgement though until I had seen how similar incidents were handled in Liverpool games. After a while, I formed the opinion that Liverpool were getting favourable VAR treatment. This was especially prevalent in our game at Anfield, where at a minimum, Sterling should have been awarded a penalty.

This consistent unfair treatment, even if only perceived and not real, will have an impact on the player's mentalities and negatively affect their performances. The dropped points in all those games could happen because concentration is not at its peak, which might happen when players reach the point when they think there are other, negative influences in play.

Sometimes you just have to shake your head. Surely they don’t actually believe some of the stuff they’re coming out with? Imagine thinking that everything is that corrupt. Presumably you’d just the bin the game off altogether?!
Some are doing. I've reached the point of not really wanting to watch any Liverpool games, because I think they are getting preferential treatment. I watch a few United games just for the comedy value.

I'll add though, that I can't stand all the eulogising over Liverpool, when compared to the lack of recognition that came our way in the last two years.

Oh dear ha ha where was this post last season and the season before, and dont worry you wont be writing this next season, when we win the league again it will be fantastic, it not corrupt when we win it.!!!!
There were plenty of comments about godawful referee decisions/non decisions.
Pep even highlighted 9 serious fouls that didn’t result in red cards against our players. It made the news - amazingly.
Our 2 seasons of domination, should have been even more overwhelming in terms of goals/points. Except most close decisions were decided in favour of opposition.
In terms of Liverpool, there were so many decisions/non decisions in their favour. The multiple missed offsides by a mile (Milner by the touchline being the most blatant). The tactical fouls unpunished. The diving in the box unpunished.
(Side note: United have binned off their chief dead ball defensive cheaters since VAR...)
The seemingly endless cataclysmic mistakes by oppo goalkeepers when liverpool needed a goal to win.

this year liverpool , being a great team are going very well, but they have the added bonus of the ‘assistance’ level turned up to 11. It’s clear and obvious when diddly-squat of VARable incidents against you, are shown to the watching public when you play. Or the time involved in making those VAR decisions for you, can be measured in milliseconds.

Use the search function and take a look.

Ok will do , but still well over the top in this sort of stuff and if you believe it is why be so upset.
Usually the same few people go on about this we get 51,000 a week taking away the away support. And many other grounds have good support..
Believe you me if e English football was that corrupt, thousands wouldn't bother going and football would die.
And I wouldn't give a shit if we beat utd 10-0 or lose 10 -0.
It's only cos we are having a bad season in the league by our standards these sort of threads crop up.
Could be alot worse we could be manchester fucking united !!!!

There were plenty of comments about godawful referee decisions/non decisions.
Pep even highlighted 9 serious fouls that didn’t result in red cards against our players. It made the news - amazingly.
Our 2 seasons of domination, should have been even more overwhelming in terms of goals/points. Except most close decisions were decided in favour of opposition.
In terms of Liverpool, there were so many decisions/non decisions in their favour. The multiple missed offsides by a mile (Milner by the touchline being the most blatant). The tactical fouls unpunished. The diving in the box unpunished.
(Side note: United have binned off their chief dead ball defensive cheaters since VAR...)
The seemingly endless cataclysmic mistakes by oppo goalkeepers when liverpool needed a goal to win.

this year liverpool , being a great team are going very well, but they have the added bonus of the ‘assistance’ level turned up to 11. It’s clear and obvious when diddly-squat of VARable incidents against you, are shown to the watching public when you play. Or the time involved in making those VAR decisions for you, can be measured in milliseconds.

Ok no probs respect your views

@Ric please stop derailing the thread. This is about VAR. If it continues I will have to report you to the Mods.

:-)
Ha, sorry. Back on topic, VAR is shit and is completely ruining the match going experience. It’s not going away though sadly, but they have to change the way it’s implemented next season.

I know the two sports have fundamental differences in the way the game flows but I can't watch an international rugby match without thinking what an absolute clusterfuck VAR is. Open and inclusive communication between players; referees; reviewers and television audiences and transparency of decisions. VAR needs to come into the light or else it's reputation will be forever tarnished. A third eye is needed but it can't be blind or what's the point.

Reactions: Ric
I've often wondered this. There's a few on here absolutely convinced that the game is rotten to the core and has been for years and years. The whole thing is corrupt according to them and the rest of us are all mugs for not seeing it.

Yet here they still are, watching football every week and spending inordinate amounts of their lives discussing the games online. I mean what's the point in bothering? Surely if you were THAT convinced it was all fixed, you'd just walk away from it.
Yeah but surely that's like alot of things in life such as other sports, work, gambling etc. I mean why bother with anything there's pro and cons to anything you do.

I've often wondered this. There's a few on here absolutely convinced that the game is rotten to the core and has been for years and years. The whole thing is corrupt according to them and the rest of us are all mugs for not seeing it.

Yet here they still are, watching football every week and spending inordinate amounts of their lives discussing the games online. I mean what's the point in bothering? Surely if you were THAT convinced it was all fixed, you'd just walk away from it.
Yeah but surely that's like alot of things in life such as other sports, work, gambling etc. I mean why bother with anything there's pro and cons to anything you do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.