Var debate 2019/20

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by Chi-town blues, 17 Apr 2019.

1. BaldyBoy68

BaldyBoy68

Team supported:
    Walsall
    Fair enough but from the outside looking in it really isn’t what you see, but when you’ve been used to winning nothing, then winning everything and then some other great side start to also win things it can hurt.

2. give it to gordon

give it to gordon

Team supported:
    Manchester City
    I believe the premiership is fixed. And that the league has now found a tool to help them get the results they want its called VAR. But part of me doesn't want to believe it , I still want to watch my beloved City week in week out as I have done for nearly 60 years now. I will be having a hard think about next season as to wither I continue to be a matching going fan.
    I don't want to believe its bent but game after game I see things that VAR get wrong , like our winner against spurs , or our penalty against the dippers , our that penalty for Southampton yesterday. Its every weekend most teams are getting done over my VAR. When it seems impossible for VAR to come to the decision it has.
    I might be walking away after I have said goodbye to our magician it might be my last game as well

3. JASR

JASR

Get over yourself. City fans have complained about bias since Aguerrooo. It reached its height over the past 2 completely dominating seasons.
    This season, is just a continuation of that.

essentially we were winning everything, but know we are being attempted at being screwed over.
    This year, the screwing over and skewing has worked. Cheers VAR/nonVAr

karen7 and give it to gordon like this.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. bluemcr

bluemcr

Yeah I know what your saying, but the liverpool v city game sent a fair few over the edge with how that was officiated. I think it's just not all squeaky clean at the top of the game. Lots of back scratching, favours, large sums of money involved, football politics. It's a murky world.

5. Cornish_Blue

Cornish_Blue

Team supported:
    Manchester City
    Spot on assessment.

6. Ric

Ric

Good thread that. Agree with a lot of what she says about VAR.

7. The blue phantom

The blue phantom

So the folk running the PL are risking certain Jail sentences along with most if not all of Pigmol when all this explodes? As there's obviously a hell of a lot of folk involved in all of this. One whistleblower with taped recordings/emails/documents etc etc blows the biggest sporting scandal ever with billions of pounds at stake, just to stop us, and crown a different team?

8. tornandfrayed

tornandfrayed

What about her take on German Higher Biblical criticism?

9. give it to gordon

give it to gordon

Team supported:
    Manchester City
    Why not ?

It's not just to stop us to stop anyone other than the team they want to win
    People in power and big money get greedy. The Bankers brought our country to its knees and I think only about 2 bankers went to jail. Big money people look after their own !

Sepp Blatter isn't in prison is he ?

deano ou812 likes this.
  10. Ric

Ric

Ha, that part went a bit over my head!