Var debate 2019/20

I watched a game where Jesus jumped for a cross and in doing so slightly pushed the defender before heading into the net. After 3 minutes of VAR reviewing every angle they disallowed the goal without the need for the ref to see the pitch side monitor. Later in the game Sterling pushed the ball passed the defender who then lunged in. The referee gave a penalty but ask VAR to review it. They took 4 minutes and looked at different angles and decided no penalty. Finally in the same game Jesus was through on goal with only the keeper to beat, a defender then appeared to push him over. The referee gave a free kick and awarded a red card against the defender. VAR again looked at the incident and after another 3 minutes over turned the decision and Jesus was booked for diving. With City now pushing for an equaliser and 10 minutes of time lost due to VAR the 4th official holds the board up to show 2 minutes of time added on.

Anyone else see the game ?

I watched a game where Jesus jumped for a cross and in doing so slightly pushed the defender before heading into the net. After 3 minutes of VAR reviewing every angle they disallowed the goal without the need for the ref to see the pitch side monitor. Later in the game Sterling pushed the ball passed the defender who then lunged in. The referee gave a penalty but ask VAR to review it. They took 4 minutes and looked at different angles and decided no penalty. Finally in the same game Jesus was through on goal with only the keeper to beat, a defender then appeared to push him over. The referee gave a free kick and awarded a red card against the defender. VAR again looked at the incident and after another 3 minutes over turned the decision and Jesus was booked for diving. With City now pushing for an equaliser and 10 minutes of time lost due to VAR the 4th official holds the board up to show 2 minutes of time added on.

McManaman did.

McManaman did.

Yep, and I am sure a few other hacks did as well. But it shows that when refereeing is done properly and VAR is done likewise their are no reviews that go on for ages. There was no push, it was a penalty and it was a sending off but the main thing was there were no lengthy VAR delays, so why is it so different in the Premier League ?

Don't worry I know the answer.

Mike Riley saw this game. Peter Walton gave a convoluted explanation about the Jesus goal being disallowed and an obfuscated excuse to justify the penalty being overturned. He found it difficult to agree with the booking but could see why VAR concluded that Jesus dived.

Infantino has basically called out PiGMOB over their handling and use of VAR today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.