Var debate 2019/20

4 VAR decisions against us incorrect so far. 0 in our favour.
1. @Spurs CL A - Son goal Armpit++ offside - yet a goal given.
2. @Spurs CL H - Ball hit Spurs players hand at corner prior to goal - yet a goal was given even though CL games playing to new rules.
3. @West Ham A - Silva pass judged 5 frames after ball contact so Sterling offside by an armpit prior to Jesus goal.
4. @Spurs H - Lamela has arm wrapped around Rodri's neck. Possible pen not referred by ref to VAR.
The pen we got at spurs was certainly a big and shit VAR decision that went our way and tbh it didn’t sit comfortably with me when it awarded. My feeling was that I didn’t want to win by being given stuff like that. Obviously now we’ve seen that we are going to be stitched up over and over then I’d gladly accept a few of those go our way but really that is just descent into farce considering var is about eradicating bullshit decisions rather than creating them.

prediction for VAR over the coming games it wont be used in the Chelsea game later , but it will be used in the Wolves scum game tmrw if Wolves are ahead or are running the game cos obviously by 2200 monday evening the only scenario the prem want is dippers and scum max points and City two points behind after two games .

4 VAR decisions against us incorrect so far. 0 in our favour.
1. @Spurs CL A - Son goal Armpit++ offside - yet a goal given.
2. @Spurs CL H - Ball hit Spurs players hand at corner prior to goal - yet a goal was given even though CL games playing to new rules.
3. @West Ham A - Silva pass judged 5 frames after ball contact so Sterling offside by an armpit prior to Jesus goal.
4. @Spurs H - Lamela has arm wrapped around Rodri's neck. Possible pen not referred by ref to VAR.

Forgotten the Danny Rose handball penalty award in the CL last season?

How about the Aguero penalty retake against WH last week for encroachment?

I agree with much of the sentiment expressed on here. It does feel like City's goals are scrutinised far more than others. The lack of transparency about what is being reviewed, by who and when does not help. Why can't they be fully transparent, flag when a review is happening, show the clips that are being looked at and let us hear the dialogue as to how they have made a decision. I would like to know if they even looked at the Rodri neck hold, and if they did what was the logic for determining there was no offence committed. Or what was their reasoning for penalising the Laporte handball. They have transparency in other sports so why not in football, without it there is no way I trust it.

As Pep might say in one of his continental interview: Yer are less likely to be screwed over if things were transparent.

We’ve played 2 games and after both games all there is to talk about is VAR. That alone shows it’s killing the game. It will be like this EVERY SINGLE WEEKEND, for the rest of our lives. Enjoy everyone. I’ll give it 2 months and we’re all members of a cricket forum or something instead.

Ta ta.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.