Var debate 2019/20

If Otamendi's hand by his side was a penalty against Shalke, then Danny Rose's handball was a penalty. His hand was in the air when he attempted to block the ball. I'm afraid it's a penalty under the new rediculous handball rule.

He did encroach so under the new rules it means a retake is required. The fact that the Linesman and referee missed the keeper being off his line, the real offence was missed.

I'll add both of these under new categories of VAR fuck ups.

So VAR was "right" using the current laws.

It was "right" for the handball yesterday too.

The only one it hasn't been "right" on was the subjective penalty call yesterday. This will probably open the door for VAR to overturn decisions more in the long run.

Previously the ref would blow up reasonably soon after the goal or you’d see the linesman flagging so celebrations would be cut short and you’d just think ‘FFS!’.

In instances like this, if you’re a fan in the stadium, you do the full on celebrations with zero idea that there’s a possible infringement. The goal goes in, the players go mad, the fans go mad, Spurs look gutted, Spurs bring the ball up for kick off with absolutely nothing from their players, manager or fans indicating that they were unhappy with anything.

I’m not even sure I’ll be able to celebration fully anymore until the opposition have kicked off again and I think they need a solution to stop this potential draining of emotion.

All goals are checked but if they think they’ve seen something it should come up on the screen ASAP saying the goal is being checked for a possible infringement.

Last edited:
Previously the ref would blow up reasonably soon after the goal or you’d see the linesman flagging so celebrations would be cut short and you’d just think ‘FFS!’.

In instances like this, if you’re a fan in the stadium, you do the full on celebrations with zero idea that there’s a possible infringement. The goal goes in, the players go mad, the fans go mad, Spurs look gutted, Spurs bring the ball up for kick off with absolutely nothing from their players, manager or fans indicating that they were unhappy with anything.

I’m not even sure I’ll be able to celebration fully anymore until the opposition have kicked off again and I think they need a solution to stop this potential draining of emotion.

All goals are checked, the if they think they’ve seen something it should come up on the screen ASAP saying the goal is being checked for a possible infringement.
When you watch games even on tv you cannot be sure the goal counts until the other team kicks off the whole system is bollocks

Yep, the key word is “creates.” It cannot be said that Laporte’s handball created the goal scoring opportunity, I would say.
“Even if it’s accidental”. The handball accidentally created the chance.

I think the new law is a bad one that shouldn’t have come in. But by that law the goal should definitely have been ruled out.

The right decision was made.

Whether that would have gone the same way for United or Liverpool is total guesswork.

Dippers 6 goals no VAR reviews
RAgs 4 goals no VAR review

Us 2 games 8 goals 3VAR reviews 2 goals chalked off

Raz mm's at best
Did it hit his hand? pep watched it back,sky analyis,neither could say for sure if it hit his hand

Stonewall pen against rodders,neville said the VAR ref should have been stronger and given it,on Salah at anfield that would be a pen

It's clear we are getting extra special attention,enjoy the next 36 games,just don't celebrate or expect to win the title
Every goal in every game this season has had a VAR review.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.