Var debate 2019/20

You can only marvel at how successful we have been with the bad treatment we have recieved,esp under pep
Tend to agree but what else should we expect? Surely overcoming the Barrier to Entry by becoming self sufficient did not make us suddenly acceptable. We were a threat to the established Clubs then and particularly now so expecting fair treatment from an organisation that tried to black ball us may be a little optimistic.

Tend to agree but what else should we expect? Surely overcoming the Barrier to Entry by becoming self sufficient did not make us suddenly acceptable. We were a threat to the established Clubs then and particularly now so expecting fair treatment from an organisation that tried to black ball us may be a little optimistic.

Only expect more of the same . Their cosy cartel has been broken apart and they resent it.

I quite like it knowing that they are hurting .

I think this (often seen) video sums up Riley's ability as the GPC's go-to referee. And this clown is now the head of PiGMOL.
Listen also to the sycophantic ramblings of Tyler - some things never change,

Arf rags should have been down to 8 men before the blatant rooney dive to win the game "Mike Riley who has given united 7 penalties in the last 7 games at old Trafford"

There are pitch side monitors but PGMOL decide to discourage refs not to use them
I bit like " VAR will NOT interfere with the referees initial decision"...……(unless its Man City)…..also weren't we all told in the CL that any handball in the area will result in a penalty (defender) or disallowed (attacker)...like the one against Otamendi or for the rags at PSG (again until someone scored against city in a crucial quarter final) now they have made up their own rules saying now it wont be a penalty if it hits a defenders arm or a goal if it hits an attackers arm......CL will confuse the feck out of our players this year

No feeling sorry for the refs , it’s an old boys club , looking after there own , trying to make it look like they don’t make mistakes by backing it up with VAR

They are the total weapons monopolising it the way they want ! Why have diff rules to the rest of Europe !
Just watched the Bundesliga highlights show. There were three VAR decisions shown and three spot-on decisons; two offside and one foul in the build-up. The referees checked them on the pitchside monitor and they took about 45 seconds each. It's not bloody rocket science. What is wrong with our referees? They are behaving like complete morons. They make serious blunders and VAR does nothing to help them. The officials don't even understand the new handball rules which have been published repeatedly on this forum and are straightforward.

That is the first time i have watched that all the way through,fuck me thatis bent plus the 8 pens in 8 games,the pisscan had a tight hold on the refs then,the rags knew they could get away with anything
I'm surprised it's the 1st time you 've watched it...just shows of all the footage out there only a small % of football fans have seen each...makes it hard for the majority to put the jigsaw puzzle together and see the true pic

When I speak to other football fans about perceived (City ) injustices they are generally completely unaware/uninterested. ..most of them look at football closely only when their accumulator is on; football conversations with other fans are punctuated by furtive looks at mobiles to see the latest odds etc. ..watch a match in a pub and everyone is thinking shalll I cash out.Generally no one cares about a game unless they 've got money on it.quite sad really.

For my own part..the Riley at old Trafford footage.. ( utd v arsenal-Rooney blatant dive)...is a total disgrace and draws not a single peice of analysis from the wimpering Martin Tyler who finds nothing of any interest to question.I can't watch that footage anymore..

It's clear the game has been riddled with corruption for decades and Var is simply an extension of the same..given that it's totally diff to the versions used elsewhere....controlled by the small band of merry men known as Pgmol.

Last edited:
this is the post you quoted

At no time does he use the word Laporte or even refer to Laporte or City.
Are you Neil Swarbrick by any chance?

He talked about Laporte in the post before, I was replying to his assertion that the process is corrupt.
Are you his lawyer or his big brother.Do I need to quote his post where he talks about Laporte or will you be able to locate it ?

Actually I realise the issue now, I thought that everyone could read , remember and assimilate multiple posts . So when he referred to Laporte in a previous post, I presumed everyone had read that and would be able to remember it, and draw the relevance of it in his next post. I was very wrong.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.