Var debate 2019/20

OK good - so we agree that during 2 separate years - 1 CL tie and 1 entire season, Liverpool were grossly favoured. Now it could just be coincidence. But it's a pretty big dataset, so surely you would have to agree there is some chance that there was systematic bias?

If that is the case, why is it so far-fetched to think that there is some systematic bias in the implementation of VAR (in addition to a liberal dollop of incompetence).

... systematic bias by whom? SKY? PGMOL? the F.A.? UEFA? the media? All have been quoted as being implemented at one stage or another, yet it was the majority of Premier League clubs that voted VAR in. And to dismiss my suggestion that all teams can point to desicions going unfairly for or against does not rule it out of the equation, it just helps support your argument if it is ignored. I have already stated, numerous times, that I agree that VAR can be used corruptly - indeed, so far there have been some seriously dubious errors, but not to the sole benefit of Liverpool, or Man Utd, and not to the sole detriment of Man City, and that is my stance - VAR needs to be more transparent - the idea offered by many that we can hear the conversations between ref and monitor is crucial - the groundswell of commentators / pundits calling out VAR will increase that pressure for transparency, as will forums like this. Surely this level of ineptitude cannot be allowed to continue when the overwhelming voice is one ranging from disbelief to out and out rage ...

So a football team turning up to a football match in an official vehicle is disturbing a hornets nest? Mods get rid please.

... happy to go - but again, you have taken the metaphor out of context, so one more time, just for you - metaphor equates to me (stung) - Blue Moon (hornets nest) - get it?

indeed, so far there have been some seriously dubious errors, but not to the sole benefit of Liverpool, or Man Utd, and not to the sole detriment of Man City
WTF
How many teams have had a goal disallowed for a supposed hand ball? I'll answer it for you, two. Ironic that the Newcastle goal that was allowed happened after the city one was disallowed. I feel sorry for wolves. If that incident happened now, after we have been fucked over, it would probably stand. I can't wait for Liverpool or United to be royally fucked over by VAR. Only then will things change. That said, I can't ever see the 'elite establishment' being fucked over by something poorly implemented to screw over the upstarts!

Sorry mate, you destroyed any vestiges of credibility with this gem
Spuds lost 13 times in the league last season - hard to beat you say!
...in the context of the debate, it is a point about who benefits directly as opposed to who benefits indirectly - Spurs have benefited directly due to VAR intervention - Spurs, as we are both aware, are a tough team to beat and, apart from Arsenal, are probably most likely to pose any kind of threat to your title, considering you are in agreement that Liverpool will also pose a challenge - it is another perpsective on who challenges and, more to the point, where they end up at the end of the season - them gaining an additional point might not affect yourselves, might not affect Liverpool, but could play a part in a top four finish, for example - and this is the point I am trying to make, VAR has, and has the capacity to continue to affect the whole table, because, for me at least, VAR isn't just about Liverpool and City.
Spuds lost 13 games last season in the league = hard to beat you say !!

...in the context of the debate, it is a point about who benefits directly as opposed to who benefits indirectly - Spurs have benefited directly due to VAR intervention - Spurs, as we are both aware, are a tough team to beat and, apart from Arsenal, are probably most likely to pose any kind of threat to your title, considering you are in agreement that Liverpool will also pose a challenge - it is another perpsective on who challenges and, more to the point, where they end up at the end of the season - them gaining an additional point might not affect yourselves, might not affect Liverpool, but could play a part in a top four finish, for example - and this is the point I am trying to make, VAR has, and has the capacity to continue to affect the whole table, because, for me at least, VAR isn't just about Liverpool and City.

Only a scouser could construct a sentence that long and not be embarrassed. Just saying.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.