Var debate 2019/20

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Chi-town blues, 17 Apr 2019.

1. crazyg

crazyg

Surely you can't be serious?
    (Awaiting the obvious reply)

asahartford1 likes this.
  2. SilverFox2

SilverFox2

I agree but I believe that it is them who are being forced to change if they want to compete in the football stakes.
    From a financial point of view I think our business plan develops year on year which was really the original reason they sought to stop our owner but perhaps they have more surprises for us as you suggest.

3. Fabled mabel

Fabled mabel

Your last line reminded of those pictures. The police obviously knew something was going to happen but did not do anything about it. An alternative route should have been made possible but the thing that sticks in my mind is why the bus was forced to go through at walking speed by the horses and bobbies on foot in front of it when its should have been whisked in at normal speed.

Not really anything to do with VAR but I could say that having video evidence there didn't help the police if they didn't want to deal with the offenders,

4. Franny's toilet roll

Franny's toilet roll

666 The Devil's page number

5. SebastianBlue

SebastianBlue

6. northwichblue

northwichblue

Is that some sort of omen

7. crazyg

crazyg

It was Franny's toilet roll, not Damien.

8. KS55

KS55

9. 1 guy 4 cups

1 guy 4 cups

Team supported:
    City
    Mike riley admits VAR have made 4 mistakes. 1 being a penalty not awarded on david Silva vs Bournemouth. Another being the newcastle handball goal. Fair play for admitting the mistakes but how will it be rectified to stop it happening in future? Obviously the men currently doing the job arent qualified enough

10. Florida Blue

Florida Blue

Referee chiefs have told Premier League chairmen there have been four mistakes with VARs in the 40 matches so far this season.

Two penalties should have been awarded, for Manchester City and West Ham United, while a Newcastle United goal should have been ruled out for handball, the clubs were told at a meeting in London today.

Mike Riley, the managing director of the elite referees body, PGMOL Ltd, is also understood to have told chairmen that Leicester City’s midfielder Youri Tielemans should have received a red card for a challenge on Bournemouth’s Callum Wilson.

Only 4 mistakes? LOL, I can think of 3 mistakes just against City alone.