Var debate 2019/20

It’s the first frame showing contact with the ball (not when the ball leaves the foot) - or it’s meant to be according to the IFAB rules on VAR and I’m sure you’ll agree, that’s considerably more accurate than a 50 year old fat bloke trying to look at two things happening very fast in real time.

Firstly, the first frame in the Sterling incident has him onside so I’m not sure this helps the case.

Secondly, the IFAB write the laws of the game, and have nowt to do with VAR regs. FIFA say this on the lines on broadcasts:

“The experience with this topic has shown how a seemingly straightforward and intuitive issue needs a much more refined solution and that virtual offside lines used in broadcasting should be treated with care if they are being used for potentially match-deciding situations”

Thirdly the PIGMOL are interpreting FIFA rules differently and said clearly at the start of the season that offside line calls are black and white when even FIFA say they are not.

On your last point, tech was there to get things right. If it can’t do that then limit its use to things that it can get right (goal line calls) until the tech catches up. and leave referees to manage the game as they have for decades.

Var never said it was infallible. They always said they’d get more decisions right.

I’d agree with that if they’d actually implemented it properly rather than the shit show they’ve introduced.

I agree about the implementation of it. I was in favour of trying it out because you can't know unless you try it. But a lot of posters who were in favour also mentioned the importance of the implementation of it. So far it's been pretty abysmal. The referee on the pitch isn't making all the decisions and when he doesn't make the call, nobody knows what's happening and when the decision is made nobody knows why. If they don't let the guy look at the monitor and call it, then we've got an unseen ref deciding results. Not good. The words clear and obvious have been redefined. And they're ignoring things that everybody saw while trying to spot things that nobody saw. My head's sore from scratching.

Var never said it was infallible. They always said they’d get more decisions right.

I’d agree with that if they’d actually implemented it properly rather than the shit show they’ve introduced.

Sorry but the PIGMOL say it IS infallible for off sides. Glad you accept it’s not, and no doubt you are wondering like me and others why this dishonest position is being adopted - whether you are an advocate of VAR or not?

Two frames where one follows the other can be merged to create an entirely new frame that sits in between to fill any gaps in the action. The resulting 3 frames together would likely provide a more accurate all round indicator. Most TV’s have this tech currently to smooth transitions though many people turn it off, soap opera effect I think it’s called.
My point is that there are only 25full frames per second because the individual frames are interlaced and not complete.
When they are complete (p not I) your tv can display it and even guess pixels to upscale to say 4k but it needs the human brain to convert it to moving video.
If you want in between frames AI is the way forward unless slow mo cameras are used and recorded throughout.

Another game were we didnt get screwed over by VAR ,that's three now , its beginning to grow on me

VAR failed the red scousers today - they had a stone wall penalty turned down when that player dragged Van Dyke over - easily as bas as the rodri and silva non penalites

VAR failed the red scousers today - they had a stone wall penalty turned down when that player dragged Van Dyke over - easily as bas as the rodri and silva non penalites

The difference as in most cases , the VAR decisions against Spuds cost us 2 points , the Dippers poor decision didnt make an iota of difference to the title race

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.