Var debate 2019/20

Not really. Hughton is a former Spurs player. Neville seemed incapable of making up his own mind, and went with the balance of opinion of other pundits. I wouldn't give credence to either of their opinions on this particular incident.
Neville couldn't get dressed if he was on his own. He is as thick as pig shit. God knows how he is allowed on as a pundit. As a manager he is equally as bad

But this is the problem, remember that ALL goals are checked by VAR. However, imo, the “foul” was an incident that shouldn’t have been under scrutiny as it was subjective - if Atkinson for example had not had a direct view of it then fair enough, but he had a clear view and therefore his decision should have stood and not been looked at.

So you believe any subjective decision shouldn't go to VAR? The push on DeBruyne for example should not go to VAR?

It was hardly the biggest error in the world, just being ridiculously promoted on here as if it was the gravest of errors to suit the narrative.

In real time it would have been a very difficult decision to make.

You bend so much to be appear balanced and unbiased that you end up looking daft.

Real time doesn't come into it though, it went to VAR and has to be given as a penalty and would be to anyone but us. Fuck all ridiculous about it on here except your contrary opinion of course.

Bizarre when all the stats including events this weekend highlight VAR are not overturning penalty decisions for anyone not just us.

Yes contrary to a lot of the nonsense written.

Go on then how many have been overturned by Var if you certain it would happen to anyone but City?

Last edited:
So you believe any subjective decision shouldn't go to VAR? The push on DeBruyne for example should not go to VAR?
No, I don’t mean that. A penalty incident is completely different, even though it’s pointless going to var as they never give it, lol.

To be honest, as is proved by this thread, the whole thing is a fucking shambles.

No, I don’t mean that. A penalty incident is completely different, even though it’s pointless going to var as they never give it, lol.

To be honest, as is proved by this thread, the whole thing is a fucking shambles.

It's a clusterfuck, no doubt.

You bend so much to be appear balanced and unbiased that you end up looking daft.

It was not even the worst decision of THIS weekend, so it was not the gravest error, nor the biggest error in the world and yes in real time would have been a tough call (even though I thought it was a pen). Hard to argue with unless your so entrenched that you believe the nasty world is all against little old City.

What’s the point in it going to VAR when we all know the person in the booth aren’t overturning referees on subjective decisions. We all know the outcome and it has nothing to do with it being City, it’s clear that’s the narrative across all games. Unless that’s changed we are wasting time in games playing out that pretend process.

Yes he said Pen but he didn't go on to explain how the VAR failed to advise the referee that he had made a clear and obvious mistake

I think poor Dermot was punch drunk at that point, Warnock had given him a right going over, rightly so!! :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.