Var debate 2019/20

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by Chi-town blues, 17 Apr 2019.

1. quiet_riot

quiet_riot

Team supported:
    City
    They were so sure that would be disallowed that the big screens said "decision: no goal"

2. Rammy Blue

Rammy Blue

As much as Dermot is a complete cûnt, he does here from ref watch explain exactly why I think it was correct that the goal stood for the scum:

DERMOT SAYS: "What I need to explain is that this isn't a VAR decision, it's Martin Atkinson's decision. When it goes in the net, VAR asks whether it was offside, no, was there a handball, no, was there a foul in the build-up - and the referee is the closest person to it.

"He says no, there was a vote this morning with 50,000 people voting, about half said yes, half said no, so the VAR can't call it clear and obvious and go against the referee. I did think it was a foul, though.

"Martin waved it away, and once he does that it's out of the VAR's hands. It's such a subjective decision, such a controversial decision, someone says yes, someone says no, they can't go with it."

3. aguero93:20

aguero93:20

Team supported:
    Team Pep
    So we're basing refereeing decisions on sky sports Twitter polls now? Good news for the dippers and rags, they love a Twitter poll.

Rolee likes this.
  4. prestonibbo_mcfc

prestonibbo_mcfc

Apart from the Dele Ali inconsistency ;-)

Bluearmy and Colin Bells Boots like this.
  5. Blue Til Death

Blue Til Death

The refs not looking at the monitors is plain daft for a start, not over ruling some of the pens or not, is even dafter... The whole thing stinks and has been rendered completely useless by the way it's being used rather than the system itself... Fuck it off, go away and watch a few rugby games then come back with their system ......... TMO not VAR is the way forward ....

ken tali likes this.
  6. Colin Bells Boots

Colin Bells Boots

In a nutshell.

What are they so frightened of ? If the conversation between the two parties involved can be clearly heard before a conclusion is arrived at , fans can surely accept a " reasoned " explanation for the decision arrived at.

As it is , it smacks of arrogance, fear of being shown to be wrong / incompetent , or far worse ie fucking corrupt and fixing the outcomes of games.

As football supporters we deserve the process to be transparent .

Last edited: 21 Oct 2019
    Psychedelic Casual likes this.
  7. CharliesRightPeg

CharliesRightPeg

8. Bluearmy

Bluearmy

It wasn't subjective tho.... It was clear as day. Atkinson didn't have a great view (a United player half blocked him along with Origi, who was in front of where the referee viewed the incident from), so will let him off for missing it. But from behind its clear as day!! This is exactly what VAR should be used for... A clear error that VAR picked up. It worked perfectly apart from the VAR officials at Stockley Park being scared to undermine the referee by changing an incorrect decision... Same issue as KDB, Watford incident at Tottenham, Dele Alli, etc etc etc....

Last edited: 21 Oct 2019
  9. Bluearmy

Bluearmy

There actually are pitch side monitors, but they are instructed not to use them and haven't to date.. Yes this is really the current situation!!

10. Inter Me Nan

Inter Me Nan

Late to the party but just seen that disallowed Burnley goal, the games gone!!!

prestonibbo_mcfc and manimanc like this.