Var debate 2019/20

Its a shambles, but at least now we can see its a shambles for everyone and not some agenda just to cheat us. Totally down to incompetent implementation by incompetent referees, nothing to do with VAR itself. Like bllaming twitter for all the idiots using it.
No disrespect but that’s just complete nonsense, correct decisions are being overturned (e.g. Laporte) and incorrect decisions are being validated by VAR (e.g. Silva @ Bournemouth).

Until we get correct decisions consistently, which 90-95% are clear and obvious to the majority of football fans whoever they support, then there will always be question marks against the integrity of the competition. Just because Liverpool had one “so called” bad decision against them doesn’t mean there isn’t an agenda, it also does prove there is one.

What does show there is an agenda is the consistency of which certain teams (Liverpool, United and Spurs) benefit from “incorrect” decisions, this happened before VAR, is still happening with VAR and I’m sure will still happen for as long as people like Riley are in charge of PiGMOL. We even have FA chiefs telling us it’s in the best interests of the league to have a new winner ever 6 years and a strong United (and Liverpool) for the global audiences and income.

The predictability of “incorrect” decisions going in certain teams favours should be more than enough to make you think it’s more than just incompetence.

Jesus Christ!

Apparently at the next Prem meeting they are going to discuss the idea of having a set number of manager appeals for VAR!

What’s the fucking point if the cûnt who is looking at it can’t get it right???
Until the VAR room is micced and videoed up as a feed for TV, and the ref also micced up, then VAR will never be free from bias (perceived or real).

scrap it.
Let’s go back to football without VAR so we can hear about the wonderful refs decisions.
Nope, doesn’t work like that. You’ve gone on and on and on that anybody against VAR is not looking at the bigger picture.
Well, the bigger picture is that VAR is fucking up as often as the ref mistakes in the past, except with VAR there’s no get out, it’s fucking corruption at worst or indicative that the refs we have are not fit for purpose at best.

Until the VAR room is micced and videoed up as a feed for TV, and the ref also micced up, then VAR will never be free from bias (perceived or real).

Even with that, I think it will take a long time to fix as it’s a cultural change required as much as anything. Football will always be subject to perceived bias because so much of it is subjective (which is also why the direct comparable to rugby, a full contact sport, doesn’t really work either).

Long term, VAR and changing that perception will only work if people begin from a position of trusting the referee and knowing that it is ok for there to be multiple opinions that are still valid in a lot of cases.

They’d never do it, but I think it would be good if the FA partnered with another country’s FA and the entire set of referees from both were swapped for a season. There’s less likelihood of people perceiving bias before a game even begins due to guessing what team the referee secretly supports, or where they were born, which would be a start at least.

Even with that, I think it will take a long time to fix as it’s a cultural change required as much as anything. Football will always be subject to perceived bias because so much of it is subjective (which is also why the direct comparable to rugby, a full contact sport, doesn’t really work either).

Long term, VAR and changing that perception will only work if people begin from a position of trusting the referee and knowing that it is ok for there to be multiple opinions that are still valid in a lot of cases.

They’d never do it, but I think it would be good if the FA partnered with another country’s FA and the entire set of referees from both were swapped for a season. There’s less likelihood of people perceiving bias before a game even begins due to guessing what team the referee secretly supports, or where they were born, which would be a start at least.
Maybe what I meant to say instead of ‘bias’, is that miccing and videoing up the VAR room would help remove the belief of cheating, or in fact remove the ability to cheat, as you see them twiddle their knobs (ooooer awaits Mr Williams graphic) in real time and their discussion. After all if it’s meant to be impartial what’s to hide?...

At a meeting of the 20 Premier League clubs next week, the idea of allowing managers a set number of appeals will be put forward. The league will argue against it, claiming it will lead to time-wasting and tactical appeals by managers. [@JBurtTelegraph]

Nope, doesn’t work like that. You’ve gone on and on and on that anybody against VAR is not looking at the bigger picture.
Well, the bigger picture is that VAR is fucking up as often as the ref mistakes in the past, except with VAR there’s no get out, it’s fucking corruption at worst or indicative that the refs we have are not fit for purpose at best.

Nope, I’ve made the point many a time it’s not perfect and will take a long time to get better, I’ve also stated that they should have introduced it more slowly, so for this season - VAR for offside calls , then in a couple years time VAR for penalty decisions etc. I think it’s been too rushed - there is many improvements to be made.

what I have also stated many times is that there does need to be technological help for referees, as there are 22 players cheating and appealing for everything and the game is manically fast - how fans expect a few officials to cope with no help is why we have got to where we have, without VAR you have challenges unpunished by a ref who didn’t see the incident, players diving for a penalty and the officials forced into a guess , likewise offsides. Yes - even with VAR these controversial moments exist but at least we can see what the officials have seen and go mad about it, rather than accept it.
It’s the first season of VAR in English football, I’m prepared to give it longer than revert to what we had before, awful ref decisions, and for the corruption conspiracists - a ref could literally give a penalty or rule out a goal whenever they fancied, no questions asked. Now we know that’s a lot harder because they have the hindsight of a second review by officials able to rewatch the incident.

it was always going to be a bumpy road when you change the officiating but don’t make me laugh that it was better before - VAR has corrected so many right decisions that it’s made a mockery of what we used to accept.

too many will hate it though and go way OTT about any controversial incident, so there’s no point defending it, just hopefully ride the storm and watch it improve and hopefully in time will not be a talking point. For me, it’s worth sticking with.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.