Var debate 2019/20

General maintenance, old boy. I rarely get time to do it.
Personally it’s rare I’m outside of main forum, being a bit of a techie Luddite so that’s why it pisses me off when a decent thread gets moved to here, this section of forum gets miles less visitors.

Personally it’s rare I’m outside of main forum, being a bit of a techie Luddite so that’s why it pisses me off when a decent thread gets moved to here, this section of forum gets miles less visitors.
Most people use the ‘New posts’ link, from what I’m led to believe. Not really arsed though either way, whatever we decide someone is aggrieved!

Ah here it is...

We should have a main forum "City VAR" thread and let this rumble on in here for general VAR chat in other games.

Its such a big issue affecting us in almost every game it seems that it should be upstairs imo.

Most people use the ‘New posts’ link, from what I’m led to believe. Not really arsed though either way, whatever we decide someone is aggrieved!
Can’t you for once admit you’re incorrect mate and just move it back to main forum? ;-)

Or is it because you’re not a fan of conspiracy threads so would prefer it “down” here?

It could be yes but the issue is it having 27 pages to this thread and its 945 and it suggests a majority feel this is the best place to discuss VAR.

What will happen imo is next game, next VAR shout that is wrong yet another thread will get started on the main forum which makes moving this one kind of redundant but again, that is just my opinion.

"it would be reserved for unseen incidents, or when information from the VAR is outside the expectation range of the referee".

Can anyone explain this shit?

unseen incidents? You mean those that the umpteen fucking cameras and VAR can see?

expectation range of the referee? WTF?

I read that and thought it was meaningless babble that if it had any meaning could be interpreted in a thousand different ways which, in plain straightforward unadorned English would probably mean "if it's a blatant handball by a Dipper defender, or a rugby tackle on a City player inside the penalty area it wouldn't be a penalty. If the incident occurred at t'other end of the pitch the penalty would be nailed on and greeted with a trumpet fanfare by the RDAHMeedya!"

I was highly amused by Swarbrick's comment - "Var is where we expected it to be!" Well, if you expected the biggest fuck up since the LotG were formulated you shouldn't have rolled out the misbegotten system. FFS!! He also awards the system 7 out of 10. I wish he'd have been marking all my O Level papers! I wouldn't give the system 7 out of a fuckin' 100!

It also appears that the League will lead a consultation with 'fans and other relevant stakeholders' on the technology. I would have thought this consultation should have taken place a season or two before the woeful system they have spawned was first considered, not sometime after the system was seen to be wholly inadequate. Somebody said that it was only useful for offsides. But it even manages to get those wrong half the time! The whole stinking mess of PL, FArce and PiGMOL are not fit for purpose. I shall vote for a political party that includes in its manifesto a commitment to turf the lot of 'em into the nearest refuse tip!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.