VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I know I am one of the main critics of the current iteration of VAR in the PL but even I can admit it could be worse.

I like that. If the line is seen clearly not to be parallel to the field lines, it's offside or onside. Can't tell? Stay with the onfield decision. Very clever.

Yes, I am joking to an extent. But they got the right decision. I am told that is the only important thing .....

There’s a whole bunch of end of season VAR related stats on the ESPN website today.

I’ve not had time to have a proper look at them yet. But one that jumped out and surprised me involved the two referees undoubtedly considered the top two refs.

Michael Oliver: 24 games as referee. 26 as a VAR.

Antony Taylor: 27 games as referee. 0 as a VAR.

I’ll try and find out why that might be.

To answer my own query, on the off chance anyone else cares.

The reason Taylor doesn’t act as a VAR is because he doesn’t want to.

The referees get asked at the beginning of each season apparently if they are interested in being given VAR appointments and he always declines.

To answer my own query, on the off chance anyone else cares.

The reason Taylor doesn’t act as a VAR is because he doesn’t want to.

The referees get asked at the beginning of each season apparently if they are interested in being given VAR appointments and he always declines.

I care. Just not enough to look at it myself :)

So, thanks for the answer.

The rag puppet Richard Masters was interviewed today by the rag lick spittle Dan Roan. He stated that they will be bringing in semi automated offsides 'at some point'.
He seems to mean sometime this season. I thought it was meant to come in at the start.
Do these clowns make it up as they go along whatc eason is there to delay it.

New VAR Discussion Thread for the new season:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.