VAR impact and consequence log - game 27

There you go

Similar for me, no attempt at the ball, just impeding the opponent. Just like Mane.

That's a penalty all day long and shows why players feel the need to go to ground. The only person who knows for sure is raheem. Anyhow as raz was in a goal scoring position we can feel pissed off by that one. As a referee I would have given the spurs one but not the Liverpool one.

Thanks, having seen that, and agreeing to some degree with Hilts stance, I think there was enough of a push for it to be a foul.. Of the others one is a clear penalty the other in not, and I'm not convinced about the offside either, I was and remain adamant the offside against Raz in similar circumstances should never have been given, so I will hold to that position even though we are again disadvantaged. So 2 penners for us, Dippers down from 3 to 2 goals, lets call it a draw. First post updated accordingly

What is more than annoying is how some contact is deemed a penalty at times and at other times more of a contact is not. Mane went down very easily vs Liecester and VAR calls a penalty. Oliver just waves away the push on Sterling and there isn't even a VAR review, yet there looked for all the world to be much more contact?

Thanks, having seen that, and agreeing to some degree with Hilts stance, I think there was enough of a push for it to be a foul.. Of the others one is a clear penalty the other in not, and I'm not convinced about the offside either, I was and remain adamant the offside against Raz in similar circumstances should never have been given, so I will hold to that position even though we are again disadvantaged. So 2 penners for us, Dippers down from 3 to 2 goals, lets call it a draw. First post updated accordingly

Agree with all that. I understand what Hilts is saying too but for me it does not apply here, Mane didn't just lean on him, using his body to push him over the line, he puts his forearm into his back and shoves him.

What is more than annoying is how some contact is deemed a penalty at times and at other times more of a contact is not. Mane went down very easily vs Liecester and VAR calls a penalty. Oliver just waves away the push on Sterling and there isn't even a VAR review, yet there looked for all the world to be much more contact?

This is how the bastards cheat week in and week out! The faintest push one week is a pen and a hefty shove the week after isn't! Explain that one, Riley!

I think we'd all agree that football is a physical, contact sport. I think we'd all agree we don't want penalties given for all and any contact. I think there would be agreement that we're all incensed by the different standards applied to Raheem and any other player, especially Salah. I could put a brick through the screen when I see Salah throw his arms to the sky and then hit the deck as though smacked in the mouth by a super heavyweight and the commentator tells us "there was contact and the defender gives the referee the opportunity to make a decision". What has actually happened is that Salah has actually given the ref the opportunity he's been waiting for all day, namely to give Liverpool a penalty! That's cheating, often aided and abetted by VAR. Contrast with Raheem who gets absolutely clattered and is treated to "no, not enough in that for a penalty for me". The VAR check takes the same view. That too is cheating the VAR way. And on Sunday Sterling went through at pace, was clearly pushed by Mane and went sprawling, and what did we get? The well rehearsed reaction, apart from the commentators, because even they were shocked by the quality of Sunday's officials.

I think we'd all agree that football is a physical, contact sport. I think we'd all agree we don't want penalties given for all and any contact. I think there would be agreement that we're all incensed by the different standards applied to Raheem and any other player, especially Salah. I could put a brick through the screen when I see Salah throw his arms to the sky and then hit the deck as though smacked in the mouth by a super heavyweight and the commentator tells us "there was contact and the defender gives the referee the opportunity to make a decision". What has actually happened is that Salah has actually given the ref the opportunity he's been waiting for all day, namely to give Liverpool a penalty! That's cheating, often aided and abetted by VAR. Contrast with Raheem who gets absolutely clattered and is treated to "no, not enough in that for a penalty for me". The VAR check takes the same view. That too is cheating the VAR way. And on Sunday Sterling went through at pace, was clearly pushed by Mane and went sprawling, and what did we get? The well rehearsed reaction, apart from the commentators, because even they were shocked by the quality of Sunday's officials.
I'm sure the Sky commentators will be 're-educated' in the correct reaction to give when reacting to an incident involving City.

Raz can't win after the media hack job on him calling him a diver.

If he goes over easy, he dived. If he tries to stay on his feet, he doesn't get the pen.

You can debate a push a handball or whatever all day long, as a City fan, all I want is a level playing field, at the moment we are running uphill, every single one of the decisions that went against City, would have been given to the dippers with the full support of replays and an arse licking media ....
This is the point that should be made,
We are getting shafted and nobody outside the club gives a fuck.....!

You can debate a push a handball or whatever all day long, as a City fan, all I want is a level playing field, at the moment we are running uphill, every single one of the decisions that went against City, would have been given to the dippers with the full support of replays and an arse licking media ....
This is the point that should be made,
We are getting shafted and nobody outside the club gives a fuck.....!

I think that point is being made repeatedly on here, but the referees/FA/officials in general are not answerable to anyone, so no matter how much we rant, how much (or little) Pep or the club refer to it in interviews, nothing will change.

The only way things have any chance of getting better would be to have a completely transparent approach by PiGMOL, ie they mic up referees (as in other sports) they review in open fora the performance of match referees and have them explain decisions queried by clubs (OK open fora may be going too far but at least have results of such reviews in the public domain) and they allow the technology (VAR in particular at this present time) to be used to assist the referee, not to undermine his authority (or as is more the case at present, not use it in order not to undermine his authority).

If that means delays whilst a pitch side monitor is used, then great, we as the vocal and critical support would have to suck that up.

It also means that VAR reverts back to it's original purpose as a tool to eliminate obvious errors. So if someone is offside like Salah against us, goal stands because it was so tight either way and the attacker should get the benefit of the doubt, conversely if is someone is offside like Milner last year, then it's clear and obvious the lino has fucked up and VAR assistant tells the ref to go look for himself. Goal disallowed.

Daft thing is, this would be really simple to sort out, or at least improve significantly, if there was the will from PiGMOL to do so. And that is the most damning point in my view, the will is just not there

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.