VAR impact and consequence log - game 27

But if that goal would have stood at West Ham, we don’t know what would have happened after that. We might not have scored again, we might have scored eight.

Everything that happened after that goal would have been different as West Ham would have kicked off from the half way line instead of from an offside. So it would have been a different set of circumstances for everything following that.
Oh, you are acting like this is a real thing....my bad....let the delusions and righteousness rule the day!

Think would also be worth noting the decisions that it didn't catch or aren't conclusive enough.

- Sterling offside vs West Ham
- Rodri fouled vs Spurs

For the record here is yesterday's VAR incumbent - Graham Scott

17c9a95d8f40cdb18957a6ba4664d63a

Whilst we are all pissed off this morning at another VAR decision, or 2..., we do need to accept that everyone is learning at the moment.

We were told that referees will still be the men to make the subjective decisions and VAR will only step in when absolutely necessary. Everyone was happy with the limited usage of VAR as it allows the game to flow as much as possible.

Pretty much all the decisions that VAR has overturned have been the definitive ones ie offside and handball. It hasn’t yet got involved in the subjective decisions as to what a foul is.

It’ll go one of two ways now in my opinion. Following from the Rodri obvious penalty, VAR will either continue to ignore all subjective decisions if the referee says he has seen it, or VAR will use this as the green light to get much more involved in decisions leading to more penalties being given (probably against us in the next game for a slight push when defending a corner)

Not read whole thread. I will be compiling a non var table as the season progresses and will share on here

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.