VAR impact and consequence log - game 27

We are all pissed off mate, but something needed to be done to at least look to help the refs out who, for whatever reason, were not able to manage games to the law correctly, and it was voted in. As I said in an earlier post, its the laws it is being applied to that need a looking at

I agree, and as I keep saying VAR was originally touted as being for clear and obvious errors, it's the insidious expansion of it's powers to include every goal, every offside etc that I'm arguing against, and the whole premise of this thread is I guess to measure against the original VAR concept, which I still believe is the correct approach.

I agree, and as I keep saying VAR was originally touted as being for clear and obvious errors, it's the insidious expansion of it's powers to include every goal, every offside etc that I'm arguing against, and the whole premise of this thread is I guess to measure against the original VAR concept, which I still believe is the correct approach.
The expansion was bought into by all clubs, so we just have to dust ourselves down and prepare for the next match. Off topic slightly, but VAR didn't cost us that game yesterday, it was the missed good chances we created in the first half imo

That's completely wrong, Llorente incident changed the direction of the ball and led directly to the goal, Laporte incident didn't affect the flight of the ball
Yes it did. The ball would have gone behind Laporte and out of the box if it didn’t hit his arm. Would never have reached Jesus.
(The highlights are on the City app now)

VAR didn't cost us that game yesterday, it was the missed good chances we created in the first half imo

True, watched the dippers game beforehand and southampton missed a shedful first half, then we went and made them look clinical

Yes it did. The ball would have gone behind Laporte and out of the box if it didn’t hit his arm. Would never have reached Jesus.
(The highlights are on the City app now)

better view on that clip than the youtube one, it does deflect more than I first thought, but I disagree that it would have gone out of the box, irrelevant to the point though as it should not have been checked as it wasn't a clear and obvious error (my thread my rules :p)

Sterling was offside by an inch and that is offside. I hope they rule out every similar goal against us as well. Tight but no problem for me. This is something that helps the game as assistants have no way calling it with 100% certainty as it was so close. Basically without VAr the assistant would have guessed it if Sterling was on or off.
I hate much more if they take away a good goal instead of not given a slightly offside. He was off by his armpit hair.:D

The Laporte handball--> goal ruled out was correct again, its not VAR its the law of the game. We were very angry last year with Wolves scoring handball goal against us. This year it cannot happen anymore thank God but also we cannot score like yesterday. That time Atkinson and his assistant I think didnt notice it on purpose now they have to review every goal and have to give it. Its good as it takes it out of their cheating habits.

Problems start with more objective stuff, like faults, dangerous tackles. That is still up to how the ref actually feels instead of facts like offside or not or handball or not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.