VAR impact and consequence log - game 27

the missing point is no official gets criticised for a mistake in the Dippers favour. Send Mane off for a king fu kick to the boat race & requiring a stretcher, oxygen & more stitch work than the Technicolor dream coat & you’ll hear about if for years.
Exactly. And when there's a decision to make its human nature to err on the side that will cause you less grief.

I don't think officials consciously cheat but there is a bias in most.

Simple..find the sniper amongst our fans,
Seeing everyone we play goes down like they've been fking shot.or ask VAR to susse them out and hand the pics to Merseyside finest..

Correct me if I’m wrong, but my understanding of the new goalkeeper/penalty rule is the goalkeeper has to stay on his line until the penalty taker, in this case Jesus, takes the penalty, and actually touches the ball.

So how did VAR, the linesman,who is looking directly at the keeper, and Mason, not decide between themselves that the keeper had moved off his line too early, and the penalty should been taken again?

9-CAB2548-AD2-A-49-C1-B046-5-D8-AAFD0-BE69.jpg

Last edited:
Didnt VAR give us a retake on a penalty recently due to encroachment ? Yet last night apparently VAR does not check for the goalie being off his line seems strange also thought VAR had checked this somewhere recently ?

What about the encroachment in the picture above....? This is somenthing that VAR can rule on.

This is what is so frustrating with VAR, there is the keeper off the line and encroachment from the defenders, they can only rule on one thing apparently because the ref watches the penalty taker for a double touch and the linesman is supposed to make a call on the keeper leaving his line. and so VAR can check for encroachment. Yet VAR can see all these things in under 10 seconds but the VAR operators are clueless.

The handball off defenders and attackers is the most baffling, although no one seems to repeat a handball that is given ala Micah Richards v Liverpool league cup semifinal and one such as Trent-Arnold v us or the palace one last week v us ??

Didnt VAR give us a retake on a penalty recently due to encroachment ? Yet last night apparently VAR does not check for the goalie being off his line seems strange also thought VAR had checked this somewhere recently ?

The " unwritten " rules of PiGMOL take precedence over the official rules / laws of the game. No offence intended but where have you been for the last few seasons ?

Correct me if I’m wrong, but my understanding of the new goalkeeper/penalty rule is the goalkeeper has to stay on his line until the penalty taker, in this case Jesus, takes the penalty, and actually touches the ball.

So how did VAR, the linesman,who is looking directly at the keeper, and Mason, not decide between themselves that the keeper had moved off his line too early, and the penalty should been taken again?

9-CAB2548-AD2-A-49-C1-B046-5-D8-AAFD0-BE69.jpg
He takes another step before the ball is kicked so it will be even worse if you roll the play one. In this instance the liner has one bloody job that's all

VAR doesn't check for the keeper being on/off the line, that's the lino's job. The rule used to be both feet on the line, but it's been relaxed to one foot on the line. Makes no difference as in this case he wass yards off, but not a VAR mistake

What about the encroachment in the picture above....? This is somenthing that VAR can rule on.

This is what is so frustrating with VAR, there is the keeper off the line and encroachment from the defenders, they can only rule on one thing apparently because the ref watches the penalty taker for a double touch and the linesman is supposed to make a call on the keeper leaving his line. and so VAR can check for encroachment. Yet VAR can see all these things in under 10 seconds but the VAR operators are clueless.

VAR only checks player encroachment, and only appears to intervene if an encroaching player affects the play (eg clears a saved pen, scores a rebound etc)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.