VAR impact and consequence log - game 27

Sorry to cross post but:

I'll give the ref some slack-but the lino has one job and that is to ensure the keeper is on his line. What happened was paramount to the lino missing a player being at least a yard offside-now where was the last time that happened I wonder?? Think LivARpool if you're struggling

Didnt VAR give us a retake on a penalty recently due to encroachment ? Yet last night apparently VAR does not check for the goalie being off his line seems strange also thought VAR had checked this somewhere recently ?
We won the game! who really gives a toss? pack of bloody whingebags!
Shit penalty, luckily it no impact and no consequence, so why post about it on this thread

Surely that will lead to a ban? It would if he was at a big club.
Don't hold your breath for a ban mate, and I'd say that it depends upon which big club you play for; apparently I've heard that if you play for certain big clubs you're allowed to elbow people in the head, push them into/over the advertisements that surround the pitch, play the ball with your hand in any area of the pitch, and follow through on your tackles so that you make contact with an opponents shin and there is no comeback, but like I said, that's just something I've heard.

VAR doesn't check for the keeper being on/off the line, that's the lino's job. The rule used to be both feet on the line, but it's been relaxed to one foot on the line. Makes no difference as in this case he wass yards off, but not a VAR mistake

VAR only checks player encroachment, and only appears to intervene if an encroaching player affects the play (eg clears a saved pen, scores a rebound etc)

Quite, hence the two retakes that City have benefited from so far this season.

Last night is primarily on the linesman, it's his job, or there's no point in him standing where he does!

Correct me if I’m wrong, but my understanding of the new goalkeeper/penalty rule is the goalkeeper has to stay on his line until the penalty taker, in this case Jesus, takes the penalty, and actually touches the ball.

So how did VAR, the linesman,who is looking directly at the keeper, and Mason, not decide between themselves that the keeper had moved off his line too early, and the penalty should been taken again?

9-CAB2548-AD2-A-49-C1-B046-5-D8-AAFD0-BE69.jpg

Is Walker appealing for offside?

VAR doesn't check for the keeper being on/off the line, that's the lino's job. The rule used to be both feet on the line, but it's been relaxed to one foot on the line. Makes no difference as in this case he wass yards off, but not a VAR mistake

VAR only checks player encroachment, and only appears to intervene if an encroaching player affects the play (eg clears a saved pen, scores a rebound etc)

he did didn't he? The ball was cleared by one of the three that had encroached on the far side of the area

We won the game! who really gives a toss? pack of bloody whingebags!
Shit penalty, luckily it no impact and no consequence, so why post about it on this thread

I think there would have been more of a chance had the MANure trainee stayed on his fuckin' line. This is just another example of what VAR should be capable doing! Nothing could be more specific as far as the goalkeeper's responsibility re a penalty kick, He can't come nearer the ball until the player taking it, kicks it! Why was it not retaken? I should have been. VAR cheating. Just what is VAR looking for at pens? It should be making sure that all aspects of the LotG are adhered to. It's fuckin' well failed again!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.