VAR impact and consequence log - game 27

If it not penalty and we have to take it back to where the offside was given incorrectly, as we were in possession at the point of the incorrect decision, why is it not a drop ball to the attacking team?

If it not penalty and we have to take it back to where the offside was given incorrectly, as we were in possession at the point of the incorrect decision, why is it not a drop ball to the attacking team?
Because we wear blue probably

Why not indeed?

VAR is a clear work-in-progress. Mistakes/delays/controversy will occur - .

Its work-in-progress stage was supposed to have been finished, it was trialed in WC, confed cup, league cup games here etc etc..bedding in should be over, we simply should not be having these delays/cock ups.

It needs fucking off ASAP. Put it down as a bad do.

It's because VAR doesn't check for offsides that don't become part of a goal or goal scoring opportunity so reverts back to the "linesperson is wrong" situation like we've always had.

Its work-in-progress stage was supposed to have been finished, it was trialed in WC, confed cup, league cup games here etc etc..bedding in should be over, we simply should not be having these delays/cock ups.

It needs fucking off ASAP. Put it down as a bad do.
Well, it's certainly not a polished product and probably has resulted in more controversy than would have occurred absent the technology.

I disagree, if you think that VAR should never be implemented.

I do agree though, that this incarnation of VAR is premature, and should not have been rolled out quite yet - it may be several years before most of the kinks are worked out.

For the Mahrez one there were two checks.
1st to see if he was onside or off. It proved he was onside.
So then it was looked at to see if the resulting challenge in the box was a penalty or not. It wasn't given.
I assume the ball went out of play after the challenge - so Everton were awarded a goal kick????
Apparently they give a free kick for hand ball where the hand ball was supposed to have occurred

Well, it's certainly not a polished product and probably has resulted in more controversy than would have occurred absent the technology.

I disagree, if you think that VAR should never be implemented.

I do agree though, that this incarnation of VAR is premature, and should not have been rolled out quite yet - it may be several years before most of the kinks are worked out.

This incarnation of VAR is totally 100% against what IFAB/UEFA want.

Its a fucking cheats charter and they have made it very clear to the PL and PiGMOB that it had better fucking stop and resemble the system the rest of the world is using, i.e. pitch side monitors with the ref making the decision on a second look but they dont want to listen.

VAR is a clear work-in-progress. Mistakes/delays/controversy will occur - to date, we have had VAR mostly rule against us, but very recently decisions have gone our way. The process and replays are at least transparent. Which is to say, following VAR review it's going to be 50-50 on average when the on-field result is overturned as to which team benefits. I've no belief whatsoever that the decisions are biased.

What troubles me is the time delay between an offsides/foul and the VAR result coming through.

For example, when offsides occurs, however slightly, linesmen are told to not hold up their flag - sometimes a goal is scored - jubilation from the scoring side's fans occurs - how great! And then, a so-called "terrible" VAR decision, showing offside occurs and the goal is disallowed.

It's even worse in the case of a possible penalty not called on the field - sometimes the game carries on, and on, and on, and perhaps the attackers (who should have been awarded a penalty) subsequently score without the penalty being called. Now, VAR determines that prior to the score, a penalty actually occurred. What happens then? I think that the goal following the penalty is cancelled and the play is brought back to the prior incident where the VAR-spotted infraction occurred. This is horrible, if my interpretation of what would transpire given current rules occurs.

I'm in favor of VAR... but VAR decisions need to happen much, much more quickly, otherwise post-foul controversy will occur.

The answer to your question here is simple. If a goal is scored and there was a foul/penalty at the opposite end prior to the goal then it should of been a penalty.

There's no two ways about it because had the referee spotted it then the penalty would of and should of been given in the first place. The rules on VAR are that penalty decisions should be reviewed.

The whole point of VAR is to make sure that key moments aren't influenced by bad or missed decisions.

There are consistency issues and it isn't great to watch but that is something for them to improve.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.