Var debate 2019/20

We'll be able to judge at the season's end. My prediction is;

1. We'll have more goals disallowed following the use of VAR than any other top 6 side
2. We'll have more penalties awarded against us following the use of VAR than any other top 6 side

If that happens, we'll know.
100%

The main problem with the handball rule is it is impossible to word one that will lead to decisions being judged on a consistent basis and without controversy. I thought it was a pen but others don’t and it’s why VAR will be controversial but we will get more decisions right to overall.

No Marvin. That should read If VAR was used correctly. VAR in itself is showing up to be just as
bad as the refs. Just removes blame from refs.

this is the case and taking the referee out of the game is just another way of passing the buck to somebody in a studio, and how he see's fit to show what replay clip and we all have seen what the VAR team can do with a wrong replay being shown to the referee

VAR is going to be talked about more than the game and when you get a crowd of 50.000 fans in a stadium not knowing what the hell is going on it could end up ugly and kicking off so first thing is get the fans to view the VAR replays on big screens, even have a red flashing light just behind the goals to say VAR is looking at the goal and everybody will turn to the big screens to view whats happening

but i fear VAR and the control they have on replays and to bend the truth ?? also is there a time limit for bring the play back let say 20 seconds from another indecent leading up to the goal ??? so if the law is from the first foul and if the ref plays on and then somebody from being involved is down and out of the game because of the foul 30 seconds ago can they bring it back ??? if the team score

Thought I’d copy the new rule in full out:

Handling the ball

It is an offence if a player:
• deliberately touches the ball with their hand/arm, including moving the hand/arm towards the ball
• gains possession/control of the ball after it has touched their hand/arm and then:
• scores in the opponents’ goal
• creates a goal-scoring opportunity
• scores in the opponents’ goal directly from their hand/arm, even if accidental, including by the goalkeeper

It is usually an offence if a player:
• touches the ball with their hand/arm when:
• the hand/arm has made their body unnaturally bigger
• the hand/arm is above/beyond their shoulder level (unless the player deliberately plays the ball which then touches their hand/arm)

The above offences apply even if the ball touches a player’s hand/arm directly from the head or body (including the foot) of another player who is close.

Except for the above offences, it is not usually an offence if the ball touches a player’s hand/arm:
• directly from the player’s own head or body (including the foot)
• directly from the head or body (including the foot) of another player who is close
• if the hand/arm is close to the body and does not make the body unnaturally bigger
• when a player falls and the hand/arm is between the body and the ground to support the body, but not extended laterally or vertically away from the body

—————
So, last nights decision a correct implementation of the new law. Llorente’s against us would also have been disallowed
What a cluster fuck that is,no-one is going to refer to that in the moment,whoever is on VAR can give what they want that is the truth of it,unless the ref can see the right angle on the screen,this year we have had no monitor so the VAR guy described it to the ref,it was not handball by any rule and the VAR people not showing the ref the handball angle v spurs

this is the case and taking the referee out of the game is just another way of passing the buck to somebody in a studio, and how he see's fit to show what replay clip and we all have seen what the VAR team can do with a wrong replay being shown to the referee

VAR is going to be talked about more than the game and when you get a crowd of 50.000 fans in a stadium not knowing what the hell is going on it could end up ugly and kicking off so first thing is get the fans to view the VAR replays on big screens, even have a red flashing light just behind the goals to say VAR is looking at the goal and everybody will turn to the big screens to view whats happening

but i fear VAR and the control they have on replays and to bend the truth ?? also is there a time limit for bring the play back let say 20 seconds from another indecent leading up to the goal ??? so if the law is from the first foul and if the ref plays on and then somebody from being involved is down and out of the game because of the foul 30 seconds ago can they bring it back ??? if the team score
It’s a mess & I believe the end of the game we all fell in love with, a beautifull game stolen and now run by corrupt dickheads

It’s a mess & I believe the end of the game we all fell in love with, a beautifull game stolen and now run by corrupt dickheads
Getting in after the tottenham chumps league game i told my better half that it was probably the last game i go to. Granted i was boiling mad at the way we lost, but when someone sat at home knows more about what's happening in the game than i do then whats the fucking point?
This argument is usually countered with the assumption than when the system is 'tweaked' and 'perfected' those in the stadium can watch on the big screen. Well guess what?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.