VAR (PL introduction 2019)

Do you mean something like 'As it was Liverpool defending we are not going to award a penalty' or do you mean 'Whilst there was no other player within 5 yards of Salah when he leapt 6 foot in the air it is still a penalty' ?

In which case the long grass tripped him whilst the wind blew him a cynical sandwich challenge that could have killed him, therefore its definite penalty and both Grass and Wind should get a yellow.

Why though ? All it needs is the fans to know what is the issue, its quite simple, so let us hear it.

Tonight a penalty, looked clear first time to me, is referred , but not given, and I don't know why its not given.

It need's to be clear to the paying supporter, so it needs to be on the PA in the stadium, rugby and cricket can do this, so why is football trying to hide things ?
Because...Football is Fixed.
Its becoming murkier and murkier.
When Anthony Taylor spoke into his mouthpeice and spoke to 'someone' against chelsea and decided not to send a defender off after fouling sergio..i thought to myself...just who is controlling the games these days?
This was pre -VAR obviously ....
Last night in the pub ,some 2 years later,i made the point i still dont know who makes the ultimate decisions in games..ie who is accountable..their identity.

I asked 3 diff people and they each gave 3 different answers...all looked puzzled and scratched their heads like they had never considered this ultra important point....

Some poster earlier made reference to Jon moss operating VAR..not sure if this was a joke or serious..but the thought of this cheating deceitful character ,with links to the gambling underworld ,having a say on any match involving City makes me shudder.

@BlueHammer85 ..... you make the point that VAR is in its early days,we should wait a few years and all will be fine.im sure you are prepared to put up with any old mis managed system.
I dont agree.What has to happen is that Footballs intrinsic link to the Gambling markets has to be quashed or ,at the very least streamlined in some manner.

Somebody ,in the hierarchy of top class football ,has to investigate the links betwedn refs and betting syndicates. PGMOLshould be an open and accountable body..not an organisation which marks its refs performances ..at the end of each season..,by way of a US company which reveals its findings secretly ,after the Lord Mayors show.

What happened to interviewing the refs after games to hear more about their decision making process for contentious decisions?? I suppose this is now a waste of time as the folk making the decisions are in the background,unidentified ,and escaping any sort of scrutiny by the general public.

Football needs to clean up its act.and fast.

We ,as City fans ,are of course very lucky that ,at present we have a team playing football from another planet.
I imagine there would be more of an outcry,and support for reform of the 'beautiful game' if we were fighting off relegation...
This isnt..or shouldnt be about just our own club though; its about the future of our national game.

When Stoke City were took over by the owner of bet 365 a few years ago,the warning signs were there....but ..not a single word of protest.

That in itself reflected the dumb- down- zombie world of the average football fan.staring corruption in the face,but unable to see it.
Its worrying..to say the least.

That penalty incident on jesus that went to Var I would like to know why it wasnt given because jesus did get kicked! Was it he went down to easily I was it the person involved in it felt sorry for Burton I dont know but that was a cast on penatly.

Will take a few years still to get it totally right. Why we have so many knicker wetting fans nowadays who can’t allow any form of error at all does my head in - yet they’re happier with a ref guessing whilst 22 players are cheating and diving. No thanks. Bring on VAR and be patient.

The issue now is that they'll be sending reviews upstairs after someone 'dives' and the decisions will be different depending on the 'team' playing. The one given to united on Saturday was a joke as the replay clearly showed Lukaku interfere with play from an offside position, no argument from me on the foul but in the actual build up. If that was us or daresay you at Old Trafford you think you'd get that decision? No me neither.

I'm also against it under the current format as why should i a paying customer at the ground not have a fucking clue what's going on whilst anyone sat at home is able to see a replay of the incident i'm waiting on an answer to, needs transparency.

his only explanation could have been i felt sorry for them, just like the ref on sunday when he blew bang on time, its a joke
I think the issue here is that a clear and obvious mistake needs to have been made by the referee (as far as I am aware). This allows for the situation at Fulham over the weekend where the decision looks wrong but because there is the tiniest amount of contact the decision is not changed and last night where the decision looks wrong, there was significantly more contact than there was at Fulham but because it still wasn't a huge amount of contact the decision is not changed. So presumably decisions that aren't great but some guy is looking at the video and deciding that it isn't as clear or as obvious as it needs to be. It is essentially going to be the same as in cricket where you have the on field decision (think they also refer to it as the soft decision) being absolutely crucial to how the review goes. It isn't satisfactory in my opinion but it won't change and essentially even with someone having access to slow motion video footage you're still much of the time going to be at the mercy of the ref on the pitch. It is likely to raise as many questions as answers in terms of getting decisions right IMO.

That penalty incident on jesus that went to Var I would like to know why it wasnt given because jesus did get kicked! Was it he went down to easily I was it the person involved in it felt sorry for Burton I dont know but that was a cast on penatly.

The ball was already away from him by the time the foul happened and the foul was soft. Not a penalty at all for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.