VAR (PL introduction 2019)

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by greasedupdeafguy, 21 Aug 2017.

1. mat

mat

I wouldn't be surprised if it's not used. The trail at the match before deemed a failure.

2. Paladin

Paladin

You're pretty much contradicting your own argument here. You have twice admitted there was a foul. The criteria for a free kick (or penalty) is if a foul has occurred. The proximity of the ball, or the severity of the foul are irrelevant. Foul in the box by defending team against attacking team = penalty.

If Ederson fouls a player in his (Ederson's) own penalty area, whilst City are busy building an attack at the other end, then it is a penalty to our opponents. Everything else is superfluous.

Barcon likes this.
  3. waspish

waspish

Wrong the ball hit his foot then then he kicked his leg! Look at the kane penalty same

4. cleavers

cleavers

Correct.

These referee's will make their own rules with VAR until its transparent to the paying fan.

Same applies to only giving 2 minutes of added time despite 6 subs and 5 goals in the second half, at least Dean gave some, unlike the ZERO seconds given against Rotherham, despite 4 goals and 6 subs, not sure when added time became discretionary.

dennishasdoneit likes this.
  5. tonea2003

tonea2003

mate it was a stonewall pen no question

6. cleavers

cleavers

I was "sat at home" last night, and I still had no clue what was going on with VAR, they're already miked up to each other, so lets hear the discussion, its quite simple.

Dreadzone likes this.
  7. cleavers

cleavers

Must be another rule change they forgot to tell us about.....

8. Lancet Fluke

Lancet Fluke

I agree and I also think the Fulham pen on Sunday definitely wasn't a pen. But in both cases you're in the business of a ref needing to overturn the decision of a fellow ref and the reality is that they can and definitely will hide behind the clear and obvious mistake excuse not to do that. So if the Fulham pen hadn't been given I don't think the video ref would have given a pen and if a pen had been given for us last night I don't think the video ref would have ruled it out and given a goal kick. I'm not saying it is right, just that it is the reality of what is happening and will continue to happen. And as I said, I don't think it is satisfactory and it will cause a load of issues but it will 100% continue to be the case.

9. Lancet Fluke

Lancet Fluke

How is it relevant whether he had lost control of the ball?

10. tonea2003

tonea2003

don't know about fulham,but i know last night was a clear and obvious penalty and not given because we were already 4 up