VAR (PL introduction 2019)

1. Takes more than four steps while controlling the ball with his hands, before releasing it from his possession.
2. Touches the ball again with his hands after it has been released from his possession without touching another player.
3. Touches the ball with his hand after it has been deliberately kicked to him by a teammate.
4. Touches the ball with his hand after he has received it directly from a throw-in by a teammate.

Not really fouls are they :)

This is the closest scenario

If the defender commits an offence of "dangerous play" – raising his boot above his chest without making direct contact with another player. Had the defender made contact, it would have resulted in a penalty kick.

Saying that how are overhead kicks allowed if that is the case lol
Simple mate, overhead kicks aren't always allowed. In that scenario above you have to make the other player avoid the ball for fear of their own safety.

And I think you're wrong. I think it wasn't given purely because it would have required the video ref to overturn the ref's decision and they are always going to be more reluctant to do that than to go along with the on field decision. I said on here a few years ago that this would be the case because so often on BT Sport when they had Howard Webb on, he would just agree with the ref even when it was fairly clear the ref had made an error. He would talk all sorts of bollocks to justify why the ref had made the decision he had made and it was clear that when VAR came along this is what would happen. I know you don't agree with me but just watch over the coming months and years and I am certain you will find that apart from offsides which will be more or less black and white decisions, VAR will be an exercise in the video ref desperately trying to not overturn on field decisions and they will only do so when they have no option and that "clear and obvious" bit will give them the option not to overturn way more than it should. Anyway, we aren't going to agree and only the video ref knows why he did what he did but we do both agree that he should have given a pen.

agree to disagree mate, if that had been at 0-0 it would of been given and thats where we differ, to my mind and i know i can't prove it, it was a deliberate act to not give the pen due to the status of the game and the opposition.

So Mike Dean,top class ref....didnt.
Or he forgot.
Or he just altered the rule..cos he could.
Would like him to be questioned about this; but of course no one can question a ref these days.

Incidentally,going back to the Jesus pen shout,ignoring if it was a correct call or not,the expression on Deans face as he argued with City players,he faced apparently contorted with hatred ,..is an image which will stay with me for a long time...he looked for all the world like a very angry headmaster telling kids to fuck off,im in charge.. how dare you question me .....Cant stand the man.
He’s certainly got a lot worse as he’s aged.
I’ll have to take another look as at the time I wasn’t looking at him

Last edited:
Dean was always a bit of a prick but for two or three years he was a very good referee and certainly head and shoulders above anyone else in England. His "form" dropped off a cliff about 4 years ago.

Dean was always a bit of a prick but for two or three years he was a very good referee and certainly head and shoulders above anyone else in England. His "form" dropped off a cliff about 4 years ago.
Is that when pgmol came into existence. .or am i completely off the mark once again?

Yeah if you were at the match,you wouldnt have noticed.
I watched in a pub and had the 'benefit' of a real close up of Dean arguing with City players,who it has to be said were furious.
It took a while to work out what the decision was; pen,no pen,var,booking,no booking...it was one big unseemly, indecisive mess for the watching viewer.
With Dean,the pompous prick,in the middle of it.

Yeah if you were at the match,you wouldnt have noticed.
I watched in a pub and had the 'benefit' of a real close up of Dean arguing with City players,who it has to be said were furious.
It took a while to work out what the decision was; pen,no pen,var,booking,no booking...it was one big unseemly, indecisive mess for the watching viewer.
With Dean,the pompous prick,in the middle of it.
Was on my way to the bar as i left as the foul occurred and nothing was given.
So didn’t really see the arguing or gurning

Last night decision was right and a fact he was ofside! We cant have this that its got to be clear and obvious to change, an ofside var decision is a somthing that can be a fact.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.