VAR (PL introduction 2019)

i said it before the offside rule needs changing if VAR is going to work, you can not bring in technology with the rule as it stands today, even derby first goal looked offside from the freekick to me but the rule of intent or being active if the ball does not touch anybody know how can VAR judge that ???

your right, it's the part of the offside law which is most open to interpretation, however there was a southampton leg playing all derby player onside from the free kick so didn't apply to this goal.

as has been mentioned several times, there needs to be a corresponding investment into the technology required to implement VAR properly for it to become a success. As it stands, with low res/low frame rate cameras from awful angles it's almost impossible to tell some offsides, even simple ones.

We need what they had at the world cup, they invested in technology to help them specifically with offsides (even when the attackers body was ahead of the defender) and it worked very well but we seem to think we'll manage with what we've got...

So you’re happy to let players to continue to dive in the box , a bit like when the ref awarded a penalty to Brazil in the World Cup when Neymar was brushed by a feather ?
(In which VAR over turned)

Kane was fouled but it never went to VAR. Where's the consistency. It's another level of shite to cover the refs arses.
They have been given much improved renumeration for their now professionalism. They should now start showing it
and start refereeing games according to the laws. The media is turning our beloved game into a fucking soap opera.

your right, it's the part of the offside law which is most open to interpretation, however there was a southampton leg playing all derby player onside from the free kick so didn't apply to this goal.

as has been mentioned several times, there needs to be a corresponding investment into the technology required to implement VAR properly for it to become a success. As it stands, with low res/low frame rate cameras from awful angles it's almost impossible to tell some offsides, even simple ones.

We need what they had at the world cup, they invested in technology to help them specifically with offsides (even when the attackers body was ahead of the defender) and it worked very well but we seem to think we'll manage with what we've got...

also from when the ball leaves the foot is a big problem for me with tv and var, and with distance over 30 yards how can you judge the movement of the player if you are not 100% sure when the ball has left the foot and linemen always gamble unless, he as to be getting help in the ear piece and since the premier league have been using VAR in the back ground the lineman always flag late, so again it does not work to the right percentage that the game needs and until something is made to judge both ball and player its never going to work

It will only ever be effective once all replays are shown to the crowd on the screen and all communications between the ref and the VAR ref are broadcast.

Until then , forget it as they will still cheat.

Plus, why the fuck should I, as a match going fan, not have a clue what’s going on, whilst those sat at home get to see and hear it all being explained by the commentators, bang out of order.

Plus, why the fuck should I, as a match going fan, not have a clue what’s going on, whilst those sat at home get to see and hear it all being explained by the commentators, bang out of order.

Spot on mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.