VAR (PL introduction 2019)

I've seen people who support VAR using the example of the penalty given to the USA in the WWC final on Sunday.

This was one of the quickest VAR decisions I've seen and it was still 3 minutes from when the foul took place to when the penalty was taken. Now imagine half a dozen such VAR reviews each game.
And it wasn't a penalty.

so i take it since you have been following football 'depending on your age' could be 50 years, you have not been happy with the system,so why did you get involved with the game in the first place, on the old system decisions for or against usually even up during a game with VAR and a panel of corrupt decision makers it cant even up,the city v spurs game under a normal ref system- the spurs goal may or may not have been given and the city goal at the end would have been given,watch and wait VAR will ruin the game and probably get dropped unless the technology is in place for full 180 deg simulated angles like the simulated one with the ball not going over the line against Liverpool, computers have to make the decision not people

Im 43, played since I was 5 been a city fan from around the same time and love the club and the game on the whole. However, in the last 10/15 years the standard of refereeing with its support for the cartel clubs is nothing short of a disgrace and something was badly needed. It had got to epidemic proportions!! Yet again the rags top the most penalties awarded stats, and we all know about the amount of points Liverpool got from offside/dodgy penalty decisions last season!

The spurs game is a fair comment, the Spurs goal would have stood without VAR. No one saw it was handball until a 4th angle on a super slomo. The Aguero one might have stood (linesmen told to keep their flags down on close decisions), Id probably lean towards it would have been given as was so tight in the old system, but it was just offside so no complaints really. So we got the bad rub of the green there, specifically with the handball!! That isn't a sole reason to close down VAR. If it were to happen regularly, then fair enough Id be the first to be kicking off about it, but we cant dismiss it for a poor decision in its infancy. If we went with that logic, we'd of got rid of Referees 150 years ago!!

Without VAR/Goal line decision, I've no doubt the Liverpool incident would have been given as a goal and we wouldn't have won the league!! VAR will work in our favour in the long term, even if it doesn't correct every incorrect decision...

Im 43, played since I was 5 been a city fan from around the same time and love the club and the game on the whole. However, in the last 10/15 years the standard of refereeing with its support for the cartel clubs is nothing short of a disgrace and something was badly needed. It had got to epidemic proportions!! Yet again the rags top the most penalties awarded stats, and we all know about the amount of points Liverpool got from offside/dodgy penalty decisions last season!

The spurs game is a fair comment, the Spurs goal would have stood without VAR. No one saw it was handball until a 4th angle on a super slomo. The Aguero one might have stood (linesmen told to keep their flags down on close decisions), Id probably lean towards it would have been given as was so tight in the old system, but it was just offside so no complaints really. So we got the bad rub of the green there, specifically with the handball!! That isn't a sole reason to close down VAR. If it were to happen regularly, then fair enough Id be the first to be kicking off about it, but we cant dismiss it for a poor decision in its infancy. If we went with that logic, we'd of got rid of Referees 150 years ago!!

Without VAR/Goal line decision, I've no doubt the Liverpool incident would have been given as a goal and we wouldn't have won the league!! VAR will work in our favour in the long term, even if it doesn't correct every incorrect decision...

Nothing wrong with goal line v.a.r. as it doesn't involve an opinion.

The offside one however, is close to ruining football & everything else, which involves opinion, will likely favour the usual teams.

Why wouldn't it ?

Who will complain, if it does, compared to if it doesn't ?

Why is it, bearing in mind that you say football is 'broke'?

Ive never said football is broke. However the refereeing is a disgrace! You only have to look to the number of points the dippers gained through offside goals/blatant dives last season!

Nothing wrong with goal line v.a.r. as it doesn't involve an opinion.

The offside one however, is close to ruining football & everything else, which involves opinion, will likely favour the usual teams.

Why wouldn't it ?

Who will complain, if it does, compared to if it doesn't ?

Examples where its been offside but not been given!!

hope your right matey,funny though i agree ref standards at the moment are pretty dire,ive been watching city since 72 and i can honestly say i have never left the ground feeling hard done to by a ref or i may have done but cant remember TBH, i think my other post about VAR sounds better, i was saying it will evolve within the game,but what we need are instant computer based decisions not human,if the technology is not quite their yet it will be soon, imagine a system that will make a 100% fail proof decision in a tenth of a second

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.