VAR Rules 2020/21

Could the thread title be changed to reflect today’s date please? The rules seem to change so often that suggesting one set of rules for the whole season is a bit pointless.

Dermot explains WBA penalty not being given -

"But even if he does get a stud on the ball, it doesn't preclude giving a penalty if he thinks it is a foul. The fact you get a touch on the ball doesn't negate further action. For me, I think he does get a touch on the ball and there is contact, but because there is contact doesn't necessarily mean it is a foul. I don't think there is enough contact to give a penalty."

Ok, so I agree with the reasoning, if you get a touch on the ball but follow through and get the player, if the follow through is sufficient, a penalty will be given.

Dermot explains why Villa don't get a penalty -

"I think this was definitely not a penalty. The angle the ball goes tells me that March has got a big touch on the ball. Then they've come together. March has clearly played that ball first - there's no doubt in my mind."

Errrrrr, what?

Tied himself up in knots in the same article, clown.

clowns running VAR ? clowns refereeing games ? clowns at head of the premier league ?
clown referees in the studios talking shit to ex-players/pundits and presenters

the game is fucked and there is no way back. VAR is here to stay like it or not
and believe me its going to get even worst when VAR will start to change results long after the game is finished

its going to need a club with big money that's is robbed of silverware or a top 4 place in taking the premier league to court over VAR. even then i would not fancy their chances with VAR being cut from football

clowns running VAR ? clowns refereeing games ? clowns at head of the premier league ?
clown referees in the studios talking shit to ex-players/pundits and presenters

the game is fucked and there is no way back. VAR is here to stay like it or not
and believe me its going to get even worst when VAR will start to change results long after the game is finished

its going to need a club with big money that's is robbed of silverware or a top 4 place in taking the premier league to court over VAR. even then i would not fancy their chances with VAR being cut from football

So long as the rags and dippers benefit from VAR there will be no chance of it being removed - too useful a weapon to get the required outcomes.

"I think, and VAR thinks, it strikes the fleshy part of the arm below what we call the 'cap sleeve'. I think he cushions it with the inside of his arm. What clouded the waters was Mike Dean, in simulating and communicating the handball, pointing to an area of his shirt where you can play the ball and that's what confused everybody."

....so a ref who's just watched the video of the incident then conveys his decision making process to the players by pointing to the "cap sleeve" where it's allowed to hit, with no sign of him pointing above and below the "boundary" to aid explanation, just at the sleeve. My analysis is that Dean thought it hit the sleeve and interpreted the rules incorrectly. But that's just my hunch as I didn't hear what he actually said.

Once upon a time the criteria for awarding a direct free kick was along the lines "Was he tripped, pushed, held, kicked, etc". Now it seems the preliminary to establishing any criteria is whether the player went down and/or screamed. Players have realised that a piercing scream as you go down pulls at the ref's whistle strings and yer've got more of a chance of a free kick than just getting ankle tapped but stay on yer feet. And the refs fall for it every fuckin' time, or, they collude. Dean's reffing of the Fulham v EFC game matched the shite he delivered at the last game he reffed us - get to the second half and yer fuckin' lucky if your side gets a free kick, unless it's delivered by the boot of one of the opposition. I would love refs to come on at FT and explain upto, say, five decisions that fans have texted in but, alas, there is no bigger set of arrogant whistlers in professional sport. It would deteriorate into another version of BBC Points of View - our pov is the correct one!
It seems to have got worse without the fans being there.
The refs act like the main attraction these days

Dermot explains WBA penalty not being given -

"But even if he does get a stud on the ball, it doesn't preclude giving a penalty if he thinks it is a foul. The fact you get a touch on the ball doesn't negate further action. For me, I think he does get a touch on the ball and there is contact, but because there is contact doesn't necessarily mean it is a foul. I don't think there is enough contact to give a penalty."

Ok, so I agree with the reasoning, if you get a touch on the ball but follow through and get the player, if the follow through is sufficient, a penalty will be given.

Dermot explains why Villa don't get a penalty -

"I think this was definitely not a penalty. The angle the ball goes tells me that March has got a big touch on the ball. Then they've come together. March has clearly played that ball first - there's no doubt in my mind."

Errrrrr, what?

Tied himself up in knots in the same article, clown.
Gallagher is just one in a long line of Sky/PL influencers who feed fans what they want to portray rather than the truth. How many times do we now see an incident but never re-shown, the pundits just brushing it away with a cursory comment.

In accordance with the LotG, our goal should’ve stood at the weekend, West Brom should not have had the penalty rescinded and Liverpool should have had a penalty given against for a handball. All incidents influenced the game results, all seemingly going for the Sky favoured few.

it stinks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.